• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Source for Retractable Banner Stand that is Telescopic?

SqueeGee

We have a client who needs a retractable banner stand but wants it to be telescopic. She wants to be able to set it on a table top for some events and on the floor for other events. I already sell retractables and I've found telescopic stands but so far, no telescopic retractables. Anyone know where I should look?

gabagoo

Ultima Displays has a unit that has a telescopic pole. The barracuda is the model name. Nice unit too.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I second the Barracuda. We sell more of these than any other stand. I have customers that use it just like you mentioned.. and we design the graphics so there is a good place to for it to stop about halfway down for the tabletop graphics.

SqueeGee

Ultima Displays has a unit that has a telescopic pole. The barracuda is the model name. Nice unit too.

Perfect! I don't know how I overlooked that. Thank you.

Orbus sells these in the US which is who we already get our retractables from. I hadn't noticed that this model had a telescopic pole. I really appreciate your help!

Letterbox Mike

Creative Banner Assemblies sells one that telescopes called the Deluxe Retractor, but I don't recommend it. We've sold about 50 of them this year and at least half have come back broken. The plastic locking mechanism in the pole (you have to twist it closkwise to tighten it down at the length you want, counter-clockwise to loosen it) easily detaches from the metal pole (it's inside it) and there's not much you can do to repair it. Obviously we quit selling the unit once we figured out it wasn't an isolated occurance. So stay away from that one!

Rooster

Just cut the elastic out of the three part pole. Use only one or two of the three sections to achieve the same thing, without fear that the locking mechanism on the telescopic pole will fail.

HaroldDesign

Hate to be a thread pirate, but this topic suits the question. Anyone make an 8'x10' display from one of these suppliers that worked well?

Just cut the elastic out of the three part pole. Use only one or two of the three sections to achieve the same thing, without fear that the locking mechanism on the telescopic pole will fail.

I second that. Some stand come with poles in three pieces already, easy enough to use only two of them. Bannerstands with telescoping poles and locking mechanisms make me nervous...

Letterbox Mike

Yeah, I cut the elastic out of the pole for one customer for this very reason, I got a pissed off call a week later saying they had lost the poles and said it was my fault... ugh.

Tharnpheffa

Awesome idea. I have had issues with the locking mechanisms. Thanks!

oakcitysigns

I've been told that if you cut the elastic, you are supposed to tie a new knot, at the shorter length, instead of removing it all together.