• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sources for isopropryl alcohol

SqueeGee

Where do you buy your isopropryl alcohol for surface prep? We're getting it locally in small quantities and probably paying too much. Suggestions?

ddubia

We buy our from Sherwin-Williams where be buy some of our paints. I don't know if it's the best price. I don't make those decisions. We buy it in 5 gallon cans as well as Xylol and Mineral Spirits.

TimToad

We get ours from Denco and only buy the 99.5% pure as it evaporates much quicker and seems to do a superior job of cleaning than lower concentrations. It may cost more, but I'd rather economize on other far less critical supplies than the single thing most responsible for better looking prints and adhesion.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Last time we bought some was over a year ago. Got a 55 gallon drum of 99%.... We use a LOT and the drum is still probably 2/3 full. Got lucky on it though and got the drum for dirt cheap. I've check with a local industrial supplier and about the cheapest I have found a 55 gallon drum local is about $550 which puts it about 2.50 a quart. Not the cheapest but it is 99% and almost never having to thing or worry about it is nice.

CreatedDesigns

+1 for Walmart, although now I will check Costco to see if its better priced. Since I always seem to be driving by a Walmart I get it there.

Personally, I wouldn't settle for less than a 99% concentration. We buy ours from ULine. I buy the case of small bottles because it's the same price if you buy it by the gallon. The small bottles are handier, IMO.