• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-300 - 2 new heads - wont accept head rank

Mune

Hey everyone, first post, been reading alot of the valuable info on here for a while and now I finally need some help. I couldn't find any information on this problem here (or elsewhere) so figured I should just see if anyone else has encountered it. Now, on to my rather bizarre problem/question:

First, both of our print heads needed replacement (a professional looked at them), so we got brand new ones and are ready to put them in. I am following the instructions in Roland's Service Manual for our SP-300 VersaCamm printer. I am attempting to enter the Head Rank. One was successful, the other was not. After I key in the rank code (long series of numbers/letters in 5 separate groupings) and hit Enter (to confirm the new data), it beeps 3 times (error sound) and does not save the new head rank. It does not exit the menu either, and if I exit the menu by hitting the Menu button, it does not save the new head rank data. I am rather certain I am doing this correctly, as it was successful and pretty effortless with the first one.

Now, my first thought (and probably yours too) is that I might be reading/entering it wrong. However, I have confirmed with 2 other people (sometimes my eyes aren't the best) and have even put it under a magnifying glass, and I am indeed entering the right head rank numbers/letters. And, just in case, I noticed that 3 S's in the code could maybe be 8's, so I tried every possible combination of S's and 8's in those 3 places, still no luck though unfortunately.

So, I have 2 new print heads, I'm stuck at entering the head rank code for one of them, and so the printer is still non-functional. :frustrated:

Anyone else had a head rank value that it just wouldn't accept? Why might this be occurring? Should I just assume that it can only be that I'm typing it wrong, or possibly that it's printed wrong? To be honest, I'm not quite sure what this code does for the print head, and the lack of knowing whether it is vital or not keeps me from going further.

Thanks in advance for any feedback, I certainly appreciate it.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Machine will work without head rank numbers entered. Proceed calibration from there and try? Don't know the result but hope for the best.

Where did you buy the print heads from?