• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sp-300 & Sp-300v

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
V= Versaworks = Rolands latest rip.
I believe a couple minor changes/upgrades with pumps and lines also.

Sign Works

I also believe the original 300's were set up to run Eco-Sol ink but could later be converted to run the newer Eco-Sol Max ink, the 300V always has run the Eco-Sol Max ink.

recreationsigns

Re-Creation Signs / I Sell Stickers
That explains why I can't get VersaWorks to run on it. I need to contact Roland to get a dongle but until then I guess I will install ColorRip and see if I can get it to work on it. Bought a used SP-300 and been changing out some parts to see if I can get the black to stop dropping out. Only has 166 hrs on it. I have drained ink with cleaning cartridges, changed ink caps and all pads. Would a damper be a possible problem. Run numerous head cleanings. It is only the black. Everything else is working perfectly.

Thanks,
Annette

visionsigns

Replacing the damper would be the first thing that I would have tried. While you're at it, replace all 4.

That explains why I can't get VersaWorks to run on it. I need to contact Roland to get a dongle but until then I guess I will install ColorRip and see if I can get it to work on it. Bought a used SP-300 and been changing out some parts to see if I can get the black to stop dropping out. Only has 166 hrs on it. I have drained ink with cleaning cartridges, changed ink caps and all pads. Would a damper be a possible problem. Run numerous head cleanings. It is only the black. Everything else is working perfectly.

Thanks,
Annette

Replace the 4 dampers, wipers, and wiper scraper. Have your local tech do a head alignment, print/cut and crop adjustments, then you should be ready to print. Be sitting down when you order the USB for Versaworks...about $900, BUT...you will enjoy Versaworks a whole lot more than ColorRip ...that's for sure!

recreationsigns

Do you or anyone know of a tech close by me? I am in Cleveland, TN about 30 min. from Chattanooga. Maybe one that is reasonable in price :) Is the head alignment something I could possibly do? I am very computer literate and pretty technical also. I don't want to put a lot into the printer if possible. I have the service manual.

Annette

Just Me

Claudette from GTS is a tech, probably one of the best out there and she is also a merchant member here, she can get you up and rolling. Graphic Technology Solutions

Robert M

300 to a 300V

There is a way to change a SP300 to a 300V so you can run versaworks. Shoot me an PM and I will dig up the proceedure.
Robert

You should have a tech do the full service that includes head alignment, print/cut and crop cut adjustments, initialization, encoder check, etc... head alignment takes about 45 minutes unless a new head is required.

Jim Hill

Just wondering.

Is this the same printer that has been for sale for the past few months?

I think it had been in storage since last January and was for sale for $5,700

I called the guy but since there was no way to do a test print I passed on it.

Jim Hill

recreationsigns

This printer was only for sale for 1 week when I got it. I contacted the guy the day it went up. Found it on Craigslist in Dallas. It only has 166 hrs. on it. Don't think it is the same one. GTS is taking care of my issue. I will post the results when completed. Thanks for all your posts.

Annette

recreationsigns

Ok the new print head did it. Also a couple of my dampers needed replaced. Thanks so much for referring GTS for service. They did a great job.

Annette