• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP 300v black bleeding into blue....yellow into magenta...

Master's Touch

the machine is cleaned regularly. this started after I switched from Eco-sol maxx inks to Maxx life eco sol inks by Genesis. It is worse by far with the black/blue. I can print a run of 4' or so of solid process color and all goes back to right...but only while a print session is in process. Very next day, same thing happens again. Obviously it's WASTEFUL, and expensive. Any pointers? I am switching back to OEM inks as soon as this runs out just to see if that might be the thing...but beyond that...?

montanadan

I had a similar problem a couple of years ago with our Falcon Outdoor Jr. The solution, in our case was quite simple. The capping station for the printheads had several layers of thin absorbent sponge, the Mutoh tech asked me over the phone to remove the top layer. It solved the problem. The sponges had gradually swelled in thickness to where the different colors of ink would bleed into the sponge and wick back into the dampers of the colors adjacent to them. With the cover off the printhead carraige I could see the colors in the damper were somewhat "muddy" looking. But as the printer printed, it gradually replaced the muddy color with fresh ink. Allowed to sit overnight the process would start again.

CS-SignSupply-TT

SP300V issues

the machine is cleaned regularly. this started after I switched from Eco-sol maxx inks to Maxx life eco sol inks by Genesis. It is worse by far with the black/blue. I can print a run of 4' or so of solid process color and all goes back to right...but only while a print session is in process. Very next day, same thing happens again. Obviously it's WASTEFUL, and expensive. Any pointers? I am switching back to OEM inks as soon as this runs out just to see if that might be the thing...but beyond that...?

Good day Barry, sorry for your troubles. CiberSupply is a Roland dealer and we would be happy to help you.