• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sp-300v not printing black, damper problem?

high impact

I've not experienced this one before so thought I'd bounce it off all you Roland experts! ;-)

My versacamm isn't used everyday and we have become very good at cleaning plugged nozzles. My wife called me to come over to the shop today because she was unable to get the black nozzles clean. I stopped by to check it out and come to find out I have black ink at the damper but none at the pump. When I use a syringe at the damper it has some resistance and pulls ink through the line but when I do the same thing at the pump there is no resistance or ink like usual.

Could this be a bad damper even though they are not that old AND is there a way to tell for sure???

high impact

UPDATE

Not that anybody cares unless they have this exact problem; we replaced the cap tops and it's printing like new again! ;-)

Talking to myself here...hmmph ;-)

Sign Works

High Impact, good to hear that this resolved your problem. Where did you find instructions on replacing the cap tops and where did you purchase them from? My printer is a little over 2 years old and this is probably something I should look at doing in the near future.

Thanks, Gene

high impact

cap tops should be changed at least once a year - they are super simple to install...just don't lose the little spring. We buy our Roland parts from sign outlet store just outside of chicago - they will walk you right through the process over the phone if you need.

http://www.signoutletstore.com/