• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-300v

Capitalrc

Hey guys,

I purchased an SP-300v printer/cutter, im having issues with cuts being slightly out, i have a cut test square file that i run before a i do anything else and its pretty spot on.

I can never get my media perfectly straight, i line it up with the media guides on the ends but for some reason it always drifts off to one way a couple mm. (Open to suggestions on an easy/faster way to get it perfect)

Will this effect the cut in print/cut mode even if the media is not pulled out or can it be something else?

Iv had it cut perfect once and the rest i haven't been completely happy with.

Thanks

netsol

i believe this has the same roller arrangement as my sc545-ex
inside rollers are flat, but the end 2 rollers are tapered
they pull the material taut. chinese end rollers from ebay Do not work!

outside rollers should have a dot, which faces out.
if an outside roller faces the wrong way, or if one of outside rollers is flat, not tapered material will not track

outside rollers must be changed in pairs

Creek Bank

Have had issues with build up on the roller bar, that causing material to pull to one side. If you are using printing the black square and then cutting that out remove it from the material and lay it on a contrasting color, look it over good and even use a magnifier, if there is any white showing it can be adjusted closer.

netsol

since the machine is recently acquired, have you verified the roll holder is square to the machine
measure carefully from both ends. ( and on both axes) if the roll is not square it has to "run out"

as i said replace the pair of end rollers with original roland (part number begins with TD for tapered, not FD for flat)

i modified our sc55-ex to hold 3 rolls of material
this was a lesson in how important squaring the roll can be

Lindsey

Not A New Member
Are you printing and cutting right away? Or printing, laminating, and then putting it back in again for cutting?