• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-300V

Capitalrc

Hi,

I recently went overseas for 3 weeks and was told to head soak the printer heads and power if off as it wasn't being used and that would be ok.

I have got home and run a test print everything seems fine but the yellow is printing orange, I'm assuming this is cause of the cap tops were soaked it dragged some of the other colors across to the yellow?

local Roland dude has said to set up a 100% CMYK print and keep printing till it clears but I have done a few now and still no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas or should I just keep printing till it's cleared?

Attached a photo.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 161

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Probably cross contamination. It's takes persistence to clear it. Head cleans. I don't remember the Roland procedures but if there is an ink fill try that on the yellow channel. Printing blocks will take forever.

ToTo

Professional Support
You can easily check in the tubes and the damper how much ink has been contaminated. I would suggest to pull the ink directly from damper using a seringe. This is way faster. Just remove the alloy plate and pull gently the damper from the manifold.

rjssigns

Check your ink cartridges. One may be empty or close to it. If it is it will siphon ink backwards and mix with what's left in the line and cause what you're seeing. At least it did with my 540V.

garyroy

Be careful doing too may powerful cleans. You can blow the guts out of a print head and damage it beyond repair.

Just a side note. I've not run my VPi 540 many times for over a month when we close for December.
I keep it in 'spit' mode during that time. When I come back and fire it up, it runs like a jewel in space, perfect.
That's why every time I think about getting a UV Flatbed I get the shivers, they're suppose to be cleaned 2X a day and if your running white
you really have to keep up with it. We just don't have a shop that does that kind of volume. The eco-solvents are typically
very forgiving.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
As mentioned earlier I would probably change the dampers, as they could be going and that is what is allowing magenta to go into the yellow damper, but if you don't currently have them, then using a syringe on the line after the cap top and pulling the ink through should help get you buy until you can get some in.