• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sp300 - Dark colors have magenta shadow..

a Blind Hippo

heyo,

having trouble with printing... all text and darker colors are coming out with magenta colored shadow at the bottom... there is none from left to right, only at the bottom.

not sure how to adjust for this, or what the problem is..

ive read that there is a vertical adjustment, and that sounds close to my problem...

thanks,
justin

edit: there is also cyan at the top... not sure if that helps

CS-SignSupply

Have any heads been recently replaced or service work performed? Not very common for a vertical adjustment to be knocked loose.

On this unit, the black and cyan are one head, the magenta and yellow the second head.

Makes sense if vertical is off to see magenta, but not cyan.

Attach a sample of you TEST PRINT here for us to see.

a Blind Hippo

here is a test print... looks pretty bad on the magenta/yellow side...

also attached some printed text that shows magenta shadow at the bottom...

it looks like two prints one just not lined up over top properly...

weve just purchased the printer and are trying to sort things out before sending anything out not looking properly. The previous owner said that ONE print head may have been changed but wasnt sure... he has someone managing the printer for him and never really got involved so cant say for sure...

any help would be great

Attachments

• scan.pdf
    290.9 KB · Views: 109
  • print.JPG
    print.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 124

CS-SignSupply

Cross contamination - For Sure.... Replace captops

Damaged Magenta/Yellow Head - Can rule on that yet - However it does look to have deflected and missing nozzles which new captops may resolve, or may not.

What ink is in the unit? When did it last work properly?

Based on what has been shown so far, and the brief history, I would recommend the following:

- Replace both Captops
- Replace both Wipers and Scraper
- Check cartridges for level (full, half full, almost empty)
- Bias/Vertical/Horizontal/Bi-Directional/Print-Cut Adjustments
- Service Mode - Ink Fill Pattern test print (look for overspray)

My guess is that this unit has not been in use for a bit and just needs some love.

a Blind Hippo

previous owner mostly used it for cutting, could hardly print by himself...

the ink is WINCOM - ecosolvent ink premium series... probebly an aftermarket ink, but he had a whole box full and it came with..

- Bias/Vertical/Horizontal/Bi-Directional/Print-Cut Adjustments
- Service Mode - Ink Fill Pattern test print (look for overspray)

as for these... ive done the bidirectional, was off for a few. I cant get into service mode for some reason... feel dumb but i cant seem to get the code to work (have another thread)... must be doing it wrong but not sure..

thanks for the help... much appreciated