• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP300 or VP300

thesignshop.ws

Before we got the 540 yes we paneled a lot which is not big deal really. We only had a couple of people complain about the seam but after they stand back a few feet they can tell it is even there. Im sure people have done bigger but we have done 8' x 8' signs before with the 300 and paneled them.
If you dont have room then I would get the 300 for sure.

petepaz

i don't believe they sell the one with the white ink any more
i hope someone fixes that problem soon
i could be making so much more (more jobs and more money) if i could print white

we started with the sp300v and loved it so much 6 months later we got a vp540
alot quicker and we got the bigger machine because we are noticing that some of the materials we want to use don't come in 30"
like both machines alot and both are running at least 4 days a week

Chuck Olson

Go with the 540 if at all possible. Knock out a wall if you have to. I just did 24 4'x4' signs and 12 8'x4' on my SP300V and I had to tile everything. That meant that for each of the 4x4's & 8x4'sI had to do 2 prints (36 signs=72 prints)--that doubled the printing time, and doubled the handling time to mount them. This job cost me 16 hours of additional printing time because I had to tile the prints. And it was double the mounting time because I had to mount and align 72 prints as opposed to 36 straight lay downs. Don't get me wrong, I love my SP300V, BUT I'm going to ADD an SP540VP.

mgieske

I think you'll kick yourself every time someone needs a 3 or 4ft tall banner. We did & hence our upgrade from the SP300 to the SP540V.

Service Sign Co

There are a lot of Roland fans here. That's the main reason I look a lot. I've narrowed my decision down to their products(Roland). I will have to wait several months to decide which printer cutter to go with. Is speed an issue? YES YES YES

signs2trade

speed will become an issue. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THE 30 ".ROLAND. XC 540 ALL THE WAY......COUPLE OF HUNDRED DOLLARS A MONTH MORE. YOU WILL REGRET BUYING THE 30" IMO

Techman

i had a 36" printer and still have a 60" printer..

I used the 36 about 70% of the time. And then used the 60 about 30% of the time. IfI ever do it again, Ill be getting a full sizer or I'll do without. No way I would ever go back to a 36" or less.