• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help SP300V Carriage Head Alignment.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What would one use this for ?? Seems there are multiple reasons for it to be parked where its supposed to be.... mostly to prevent drying up and proper draining and periodic cleanings.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Page 124 - 127 of the service manual will tell you. You have to run the limit position initialization.

Michael Snook

Page 124 - 127 of the service manual will tell you. You have to run the limit position initialization.
Hello, I have done that. When the carriage locks into position, that’s it, I can’t adjust. I get a feeling I may need to actually move the print heads themselves. I don’t have a problem with the printing etc, it’s jusy slightly off central to the caps.
Thank you.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
During the limit position initialization they have you look at the cap tops to see if they line up with the heads. If they don't then you have to loosen the screws holding the capping unit down and manual move them into a better position. It's not a menu item. You have to physically move it into place. It is rare that this is needed to be done. Do you have ink flowing out of the waste tubes when running a cleaning cycle?

Michael Snook

Hello,
Yes, all ink is flowing and it’s cleaning nicely. I shall look at the caps and maybe move BEFORE I get a problem. Thank you very much.

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
As VanderJ said, it's rare - and I'll add very rare - that this adjustment needs to be done. The captops don't need to be centered, they just need to cover the nozzles when capped. This is a good example of "If it ain't broke..." If your ink is flowing, then the caps are doing their job and have been for the life of this printer. IMO, you're more likely to create a problem than you are to fix one (that, evidently, doesn't exist)

Michael Snook

Hmmmmm, maybe I should just leave it. I’m happy it all works, I just like things perfect!
If it ain’t broke...I’m leaving it.

It’s good to hear, so thank you very much.