• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP300v won't print

cheryld

I was having problems with my printer loosing cyan and black. I soaked the print heads in solvent twice 24 hours the first time, 48 hours the second time. Still wouldn't work. I ordered new caps and print heads. I have installed them, ran ink fill, head clean and ink fill again. I'm still not finding ink in my caps. Any ideas?

rjssigns

Could be an air leak somewhere. Did you try drawing ink through the cap tops with a syringe? Could be a bad ribbon cable. They are a consumable. Could be a board. Could be a fuse. The possibilities are endless.

I'd check the simple things first. Make sure all your o-rings are good. Make sure dampers, cables etc... are seated properly. Then try again.

cheryld

I did not try drawing ink through the caps. Do i draw with the print heads seated? I sounds like it is purging, but still not pulling ink. I will tear into it again tonight.

cheryld

Could be an air leak somewhere. Did you try drawing ink through the cap tops with a syringe? Could be a bad ribbon cable. They are a consumable. Could be a board. Could be a fuse. The possibilities are endless.

I'd check the simple things first. Make sure all your o-rings are good. Make sure dampers, cables etc... are seated properly. Then try again.

cheryld

I removed the heads, reinstalled and verified my head numbers. I checked the lines for leaks clear back to the cartridges. What i did discover when checking my ink levels is it is only recognizing black. There is a black X through the other cartridges. It beeps if i remove them so the chip is working. I have googled the symptoms and not finding anything. I did find a Roland Forum I registered for and am waiting confirmation. Any ideas?

rjssigns

I did not try drawing ink through the caps. Do i draw with the print heads seated? I sounds like it is purging, but still not pulling ink. I will tear into it again tonight.

Yes, print heads seated on caps. Hook syringe to one cap at a time then very gently and slowly pull back on plunger. If the syringe doesn't pull any ink through you probably have an air leak or blockage somewhere in the ink train.

cheryld

I did that. I'm getting some ink, not a lot because i have the new heads and caps but can't get ink to them. I can't get ink in either head. I checked fusses on my motherboard and cables, all seem good. When start up in Service mode and run >Cartridge >IC Check I get an error right away on Slot 1. It can still see all the chip.

cheryld

I'm thinking about ordering the F2 fuses and replacing both to try and eliminate those. Thoughts? Otherwise I'm leaning towards carriage board.

LetsPrint209

Cheryld, I'm having the same issue. New ink, ink lines, dampers, caps, and print heads and ink will not go pull through. Keep us updated on what is the out come.

cheryld

I installed a new motherboard and am having problems initializing it to push the peck.exe. I backed up the peck from my old board and am going to try again tonight.

Motograffics

IC check, pull all the carts first, then initialize the check, insert cart 1 should get single beep, insert 3-4 same should happen.