• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sp540 blows fuse for black & cyan

Team Oakley

Does any one have a wiring diagram for this printer? I tried to find the short that keeps blowing fuses. I have disconnected the print head cables from the print head and it still blows the fuse as soon as I plug it in and turn on the power. Could one of the transisters for the print heads be shorted out? If so how do I know which one is the one for the black-cyan head?

Jack Knight1979

It is the transistor on the print head board. Mac media can rebuild it for 200 dollars. well worth it.

Out of those two heads, has one been acting up? Drop outs, head strike, banding?

Team Oakley

I was loosing black ink. It would run out of black on a long print. So I replaced the damper. Then I started to get a good test print then I lost all the black and cyan. Found the fuse blown. Ben downhill from on. I disconneted the cables form the print head and fired it up. blue the fuse again.

Jack Knight1979

When you changed the damper you got ink on one of the head circuits causing it to blow.

The head board then blew a transistor and then the fuse blue on the headboard.

So, now you need to replace one head, the transistor and fuse. You'll be back in business.

This is a common problem.

I've been through it many times. (the ink on the head, once. Blown board many times. )