• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sp540v head and color help

jwhite

The test print use to look good exept for the black had extra lines and a few were missing. And its always had banding in the prints

the other day my coworker changed the ink pump be cause he said the colors where way off " blue came out purple"

Now the blue and black are messed up
and cleaning does not help any .
there is cross contamination between blue and black and half the nozzles are missing.

What should I do?

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 123

DRamm76

Sorry, Havent seen this post till now.

Have you checked to make sure the heads are capped properly? You probably also want to check for clogging in the capping station. This is most likely going to be the issue. You can send the head over to the left and pour some cleaning solution in the capping station and see if it drains down.

If you have a syringe you can also try to pull the solution through the lines from the capping station to break the clog. You can PM me for further assistance.

jwhite

I put some cleaning solution in the cap top and it did not drain down , now it drains down, but something else must be wrong . The test prints are exactly the same.

when cleaning around the caps I gently wiped the top and the sponge feels hard , maybe brittle is that how its supposed to be?

kffernandez

after clearing the pump lines, did you do your cleaning cycles again?

personally, i would pull ink from the pump lines using a syringe to see if the seals are good. if you see ink in your syringe, it's good.

kelly

jwhite

i have ran the cleaning cycle lots of times medium and powerful.
I catch on really quick and im leaning the componets of the printer/plotter ,but do you have any written documents detailing the processes and componets thats better than the manual? because i dont know where to put a syringe and I dont really think I know exactly what im doing.

also why when i push the head cleaning buttons and remove the cover the enter button just beeps and the head never moves to the left.

kffernandez

i think that drawing ink from the pumps using a syringe is still your best best. bec it might clear up any clogged nozzles, and confirm if you have a good vacuum on your caps.

sadly, i've never seen any videos, nor official instruction manual for it. i know about it bec i've seen my tech do it, and there are very detailed instructions right here in the forums. pls do a search for it and choose one of the more detailed instruction posts.

kelly

Sign Works

You have cross contamination between the black & cyan, black has backed up into the cyan damper and possibly cyan into the black. Print solid blocks of black & cyan until each color prints it's actual solid color (the cyan will be easier to visually monitor). To print just using the desired color (ink) in Versaworks on the Quality screen under Color Management open Properties and select Custom for the Preset, then click Preserve Primary Colors. This should get you going but it sounds like you need a user manual for detaied instructions on the manual cleaning procedure or here is a link to a vid that should help.

http://www.rolanddga.com/owners/support/printerMaintenance/

Gabriel

Put a syringe on the end of the cap-top(where is the joint with the pump tube) and pull some ink through it. If you have a vacuum in the syringe, then the cap-top is fine. If you pull air then the cap-top does not close the heads surface and must be replaced because the cleaning is not made as it should be.
Regards,