• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP540V Software

andersonfmly

Greetings All -

Today I inherited a Roland SP540V from another department that is being downsized. I received the printer, some media and ink, and a few miscellaneous parts - BUT NO SOFTWARE. This is where I need everyone/someone's help. Surely there must be some installation software/drivers that I need, but I cannot seem to find them for purchase/download anywhere. Any such software that may have come with the printer when purchased has long since vanished. HELP!!!

I don't really need a full-blown sign design software package such as FlexiSign, since I already run Adobe CS5 on my Mac Pro. Or, do I? I currently print on a 42" HP DesignJet 800PS and do all of my work in CS5 - But there was, of course, a driver I had to download and install before I could do so. I ran a similar Roland 3-4 years ago off of CS2 or 3 and I don't remember there being any special software needed.

So... Any thoughts? Anyone? Bueller?

Thanks ever so much to anyone who can help get me up and running. Once I get up and running, I'll probably be back asking for tips on fully utilizing my new toy. :thankyou:

andersonfmly

Thank you for the very quick response. It sounds like Versaworks is something like the Fiery front end I have on my Xerox Color 800. I'll go looking for it. Thanks.

Roland

Hello

If you want, I can send you an archive with a kit of versa works.
It is version 2.2 but it's easy to upgrade.

Best regards

Custom_Grafx

I'm not 100% sure on this, but just in case, you could also contact Roland on the off chance that the serial number is registered with them for support. They may be able to give you the copy free?

It's always good to contact them anyway with stuff like this as you will be needing to contact them again at some point I'm sure. At least if they can't help you with supplying a free replacement for the copy that's been lost, they'll be able to point you in the right direction and/or be in a position to sell you a copy, or direct you to your nearest authorised distributor.

Roland

Well...

Versa work is a pay free rip/print software. It should be more accessible to find. If you loose you installation CD(which is free), you're in big trouble.
Versa Works is not easy to find but one installation kit works for most Roland printers(SP series, VP series, PRO II and PRO III series a.s.o).

Right?

Custom_Grafx

Versa work is a pay free rip/print software. It should be more accessible to find. If you loose you installation CD(which is free), you're in big trouble.
Versa Works is not easy to find but one installation kit works for most Roland printers(SP series, VP series, PRO II and PRO III series a.s.o).

Right?

No, it's not free.

It is bundled with Printers.

Gabriel

I Think

When you buy a Roland printer, the rip and print soft - Versa Works, came along with the printer. They say that is for free, but you pay for it - price of the software in included is the price of the printer.
It's a good marketing solution.

Custom_Grafx

When you buy a Roland printer, the rip and print soft - Versa Works, came along with the printer. They say that is for free, but you pay for it - price of the software in included is the price of the printer.
It's a good marketing solution.

Exactly. I have seen it listed as an individual item - don't quote me on this, but I think it was around 1k. Might be wrong but it definitely isn't free if you buy it on its own.

Roland

Sorry

But I thought that...never mind.
Sorry everybody for the mistake.:goodpost:
Now I understand the situation.