• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

spare copy of AI?

MAB SIGNS

I'm looking for my own copy of AI anyone have an extra set to sell? Buying used instead of new would save me some doe.

Mark

bigbly

don't get offended Mab but you're probably not doing Fred any favours asking for copies of Adobe products on here

Techman

it is not illegal to sell trade of give away legally owned software.. is it a bit presumptious to suggest that someone offering anything such as software is selling pirated stuff? ,, yes?

What if the above post said "selling a cutter" would someone think, "hey thats stolen'' and get a post as such?
techman

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I have no problem with Mark's post. It's a normal function of a board like this to facilitate the legitimate transfer of such items.

What Mark may not realize is that buying used will often put one in the position of owning an unsupported an non-upgradable copy of an application unless extra fees are paid to the author of the software.

The post might have been better placed under Classified > Wanted.

:signs101:

bigbly

I think you'll find to do this legally you need to transfer the software license. This means the person selling the product can no longer upgrade their versions.

MAB SIGNS

I was not asking for anything illegal but I also realize its not uncommon for someone to buy out another shop and acquire additional copies of software and not have a need to upgrade all, that is why I asked. A friend purchased a bankrupt sign shop and upgraded his copy that came with the biz. We have AI and Corel at the office, I merely wanted my own copy to educate myself on it at home since it is more dominant than Corel these days. I do estimating and too many times the designers are busy when I need a simple drawing for a quote or to determine letter height. Thank you for the concern Strongbad. lol I need to check out that site haven't been there in a while.

Good day!

bigbly

As I said no offence intended MAB
its certainly not illegal to buy 2nd hand software
just didn't want this site to go the way of some others with all sorts of nudge nudge wink wink trading going on
good luck with your purchase
Illustrator is definitely the industry standard & worth the learning curve

Strongbad rocks!