• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

spot colors

Willy

The Corel spot colors I set in image is not showing up as a spot color in versaworks and my hair lines are showing as a cut line and I didn't a sign them as a cut line. This is driving me nuts.

iSign

I have no Roland inkjet experience, so I should probably just stay out of this one, but I am just curious... for the purpose of this conversation, what exactly does "spot color" even mean? Is this to be printed on your Versacam cmyk printer?

TYhe hairline question sounds like more of a Corel question, but even though I'm not an experienced Corel user either, I remember many threads where people were trying to output Corel files to a plotter & setting lines to "hairline" seemed to be a common way to create cut lines...

stoneandtle

TYhe hairline question sounds like more of a Corel question, but even though I'm not an experienced Corel user either, I remember many threads where people were trying to output Corel files to a plotter & setting lines to "hairline" seemed to be a common way to create cut lines...

That is what I do with Corel - set the cut line to a hairline and change the color, then when I go to 'print' to the cutter I set it so that anything that is 'black' in color is not sent to the cutter (in printer options). It's all explained in the CutMaster documents if you're using the CutMaster Corel/Illustrator plug-in.

Willy

I have a color set as a cut line but every hair line on graphic is wanting to be a cut line and versaworks is not recognizing the spot colors I assigned to the graphic.

Mainframe

Be careful you don't have an old cut line under the color line, also did you look the file in wireframe mode so you can see where the vectors will be cut?

Also, as far as the spot colors go, are you using the "swatch" system? Are you talking about the Versworks swatch system or are you expecting the color to just come out to match your monitor?