• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stainless steel rocker panels - how do they line up?

Stacey K

I like making signs
I'll skip the drama. I have NO idea how these things go on. The customer got them from ICI and they don't answer the phone, I can't find a picture online, I sent an email but didn't hear back yet. It's like they are not correct...these are labeled drivers side. This job is a complete and total PITA. According to the sharpie writing from ICI these are upside down but it makes no sense otherwise ... and where does that little piece go? Thanks if you can answer this!

FKTS.jpg

binki

You didn't metion the model number but I found this:
and this picture
1645025836786.png

The URL is for Walmart. They have some bot detector on their site

It looks like the "A" panel goes in front of the door or behind it. Should there be 4 panels? Maybe you don't have the correct ones for that truck.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Maybe you have them on the wrong side?
This photo shows a 3 pice set on a 4 door with the little triangle behind the rear door.
1645025852038.png

But may be for the wrong model - not a 3500

Stacey K

I like making signs
Maybe you have them on the wrong side?
This photo shows a 3 pice set on a 4 door with the little triangle behind the rear door.

But may be for the wrong model - not a 3500
This is exactly what I originally thought but the larger piece doesn't fit on the rear door it's about 1.5" too long - I don't think these are the right panels??

binki

Ok, Here is what I found out.
The specific models it will fit are GMC/Chevy's but they are considered universal. Fit isn't Guaranteed.

binki

So looking at your diagram, Part A goes behind the back door, you have part B upside down. Part C is correct but B and C look too small unless your drawing is not to scale.

Good Luck!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me

Stacey K

I like making signs
You have the stainless steel set for a Double Cab HD truck, but the truck in your picture is a Crew Cab HD truck. The back door on the Crew Cab is bigger.
Yes - this is exactly what I thought! B is too long for the back and if I cut it down then C looks way too small for the front door.