• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

static cling vinyl not printable?

gabagoo

I have this small request for 1 18" x 24" clear static cling decal.

I priced it with the knowledge that I have printed on it before. I then realize that I only have white static cling in stock and under no circumstances am I buying a full roll. I decided to try the sheet form that is used for screenprinting. I cleaned it with alcohol and when I print it, the look is almost similar to using static cling on the Edge using Duracoat foils. looks like the ink really does not want to stick and the print is very rough looking.
I found one supplier that has digital clear static cling and will sell me 2 yards so I am out of the dog house on this but still wonder why
my mimaki jv3 130 spII had trouble with this non digital product.

drive

i know the ss2 inks just bead up on the static cling. es3 inks will print on it, but high ink coverage can be an issue still.
try running uni dir. high passes, high heat and perhaps add a delay between passes to let the ink bite a little longer

CanuckSigns

We have trouble printing it with our roland, the only way i have had success is printing on the slowest possible setting with lots of heat.

Andrew O

Merchant Member
We had enough users report problems with a lot of the off-the-shelf products out there that we launched both a white and a clear cling recently to help solve them. There are profiles available in VersaWorks. I realize the OP is not running a Roland, so this may not help them, but hopefully this will help Watsons Signs, and anyone else with a Roland. It should also work well on other eco-solvent type printers.

Call our customer service department at 800-542-2307 for a free sample roll. More information here:

http://www.rolanddga.com/products/media/

Andrew

gabagoo

print/laminate clear and laminate onto static cling sheet material?

I dont think this will work frompast experience. I think that vinyl shrinks at a higher rate than static cling.

I did keep my heat low for fear that the cling would start to tunnel on me. maybe I try high heat. You think 50 45 would be good? celcius naturally lol