• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stock Storage

Posterboy

I'm not entirely confident with how I am storing my half used wide format rolls.

I currently keep them in a horizontal racking system on the wall, but I don't return them to their boxes, don't keep them in plastic sleeves, and they do get some direct sun.

I haven't noticed any problems with the stock, but I have a feeling there is a better practice out there.

animenick65

If you're not taking the time to box up your rolls, then you know you use them often enough that it doesn't matter. If it's sitting there and you won't touch it for weeks, bag it up at least. If you're having issues with warping at the end of your rolls and it's causing head strikes, then it may be worth your time to store your rolls differently.

boxerbay

I store vert on the end cap with the bag on it. I mark the bag with a big sharpee with the media name on it. I keep the popular daily stuff next to the machine and the specialty low use stuff in another adjacent room out of the way.

MikePro

i've got approx. 15 rolls of material, standing up on end, in a climate controlled room.... never had any issues except with I knock one over... it takes them ALL out!

MikePro

i have floor racks too.... for holding 12 rolls, but I swap out materials often and always forget to reorganize. Its a controlled mess, really.

I'm still looking into a MondoRaxx-type setup where I can keep my 3-most used materials on a roll on the wall and just feed the printer from it.

Posterboy

Sometimes I notice that the prints are, curved. I don't think it is the cutter, is that what you mean by warped?

Thanks for the responses, I'll rethink how I am storing them, it sounds like vertical storage is the way to go.

sghobbies

We stand ours on end. I made my own floor racks with mdf and the plastic caps that come with the media. Been using that for a year or so. Only had one domino incident. :)