• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Strange question

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Hi folks, I have an unusual question for you. Is there a product out that that is a printable plastic sheet for Roland inkjets that is flimsy, but hardens stiff after you apply a spray or something? Not sure if anything like that exists, but thought if it did, one of you might know.

Thanks.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
there are all sorts of epoxies, etc that use hardeners, 7 catalysts

probably the best possibility for what you are trying is something that is UV activated, or similar to dental implants that are thixotropic
(they harden under compression)

Zoogee World

Put it in the freezer.
LOL, not quite what I need.
there are all sorts of epoxies, etc that use hardeners, 7 catalysts

probably the best possibility for what you are trying is something that is UV activated, or similar to dental implants that are thixotropic
(they harden under compression)
We currently use an epoxy, just looking to see if there is something out there that we could use that wouldn't require that step and that is the material itself, so all we'd need to do is print and cut, then apply whatever and it would harden it up and not be flimsy like normal vinyl is, if that makes any sense. I know it's a long shot, but I know there are a lot of people on these forums and I'm sure some have seen some weird products over the years.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
We have this media - it's like acetate - we can print on it with our solvent printers (Roland & Epson). I can't find it online though to point you to exactly what I'm talking about. we have it listed in the system as opti-solve clear, but what comes up in a search doesn't look like what we have here., it's not adhesive, it's very much like this:
1632954005171.png

But it comes on a roll with a regular sized core (we can put it on our large format machines)

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
It sounds like you're looking for a unicorn, no offense. If anything, it'd be a UV cured product like netsol said but what would be the demand? Without that and volume, nobody would develop it. I think working with uv cured resin products can be a bit tricky, just like moisture cured products like silicone. Once the can is open, you can't really stop the process.

Zoogee World

Wait, are you trying to ask for a product that imitates doming? Without using the doming epoxies or whatever that currently makes this stuff specialty? Kinda seems like your bread and butter...

This is like when I was a kid, on a long car ride, and told my dad, "I wish somebody would invent the teleporter already"
He says, "I sure don't. When they invent the teleporter, I'll have to close the shop."
"Why?", my dumbass replies.
"Who needs a sign when you just show up inside the restaurants?"
Kind of, I figured it didn't exist, but it didn't hurt to ask. The process we currently use can be very delicate and produces a lot of waste. It wouldn't be to replace, just an additional option.