• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Strange shadow effect

midnightmadman

Wow ! I unplugged the head cables and plugged back in. One seemed to be tiny put unseated. Thanks guys. Hope this is all it was. These machines have a mind of their own

Attachments

• 9B048098-9953-4648-94DF-D9EEF7B708F7.jpeg
    9B048098-9953-4648-94DF-D9EEF7B708F7.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 167

midnightmadman

If you look at this nozzle check you can see the colors are overlapping in spots

Attachments

• DCE97466-400C-4AAB-82C7-DF7E9F1522B7.jpeg
    DCE97466-400C-4AAB-82C7-DF7E9F1522B7.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 139

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Sounds like interference. You might want to check all the connections. Either something is loose and making a poor connections, damaged or a board might be on the way out.

midnightmadman

Sounds like interference. You might want to check all the connections. Either something is loose and making a poor connections, damaged or a board might be on the way out.
Thanks. Last time I pulled the head cables out and put them back it it seemed to fix it. But why would shutting it down fix it this time ??
Is there a possible electric issue with the actual outlet. Maybe grounding or stray current ?

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Thanks. Last time I pulled the head cables out and put them back it it seemed to fix it. But why would shutting it down fix it this time ??
Is there a possible electric issue with the actual outlet. Maybe grounding or stray current ?
I'm not familiar with this particular printer, so I cannot say for sure. But it does sound like either electrical interference of some sort or a board is going bad. Restarting might help it because you are cutting the power for a moment and resetting it and once you get going, whatever the cause is builds up again and causes your problems. Might be time to change the cables and see, as they would be cheaper then the boards.

rjssigns

Might want to replace those ribbon cables also, might have a little kink in them somewhere.
This ^^^^^

Ribbon cables are a consumable. The wire in them is finer than hair and they can only take so many bend cycles. I replaced them on my Roland when I started having print issues. Problem solved. At some point I know I will have to do the same on my new printer.

Troy Lesher

Hi guys. I’m getting a weird shadow effect when I print. If you look at the image these two gray bars should be just two gray bars. Everything I print has been coming out this way. It is double printing for some reason offset by about 1/2” to the left
Clean your encoder