• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Strange Test Print.

Michael Snook

Hello,
I have had weeks of trying to solve this strange Test Print, always hoping it wasn’t the Head. I am getting a test Head in the next few days to confirm it is the head as everything else has been looked at….more than once.
I just want to know if anyone else has had a Test Print like this?
Roland VS640.

Thank you.

Attachments

• 22D4E3F3-4B57-4B58-A9EB-6F1AACB44C1A.jpeg
    22D4E3F3-4B57-4B58-A9EB-6F1AACB44C1A.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 287

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Unplug the machine before you mess with those cables, especially on a Roland. They're notorious for blowing head fuses if you look at the cables wrong, and just turning off the power switch still leaves current going to things.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Unplug the machine before you mess with those cables, especially on a Roland. They're notorious for blowing head fuses if you look at the cables wrong, and just turning off the power switch still leaves current going to things.
And if you want to do it 100% right, wait 15 minutes after unplugging it. If you test the power output after it's unplugged it's still outputting close to 100% of the power and it takes about 15 minutes to fully discharge.

Michael Snook

Well, I have replaced the cables and got exactly the same print, so I’m pretty sure it’s not the cables.
Another printhead will help eliminate something!!?? I’m just waiting for it.

Thank you.