• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Street Sign Blank Suplier?

Sven

We will be replacing all street signs in a nearby town to comply with the new 2018 Federal sign standards. Can anyone recommend a reliable supplier of street sign blanks? This is a project that will take a few years, so I want to make sure I can get a consistent supply.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Zumar
Western Highway
Safeway Sign Company

All specialize in highway related signs and supplies...

Sven

Most street name signs are green or blue, but they want brown. This seems like it might be an issue. Any thoughts?

CS-SignSupply-TT

gmr55 asked about transparent vinyl a little while ago. The transparent films are used in conjunction with different grades of reflective to give you colored reflective. Please let me know how I may help you with your brown reflective.

Locals Find!

As far as I understand it (& I may be wrong) Green is City, Blue is County, Orange is Private Property & Brown is Federal or State (parks & such).

Now that may just be a Florida thing.

vid

Most street name signs are green or blue, but they want brown. This seems like it might be an issue. Any thoughts?

16 An alternative background color other than the normal guide sign color of green may be used for Street Name (D3-1 or D3-1a) signs where the highway agency determines this is necessary to assist road users in determining jurisdictional authority for roads.

Standard:
17 Alternative background colors shall not be used for Advance Street Name (D3-2) signs(see Section 2D.44).
18 The only acceptable alternative background colors for Street Name (D3-1 or D3-1a) signs shall be blue, brown, or white. Regardless of whether green, blue, or brown is used as the background color for Street Name (D3-1 or D3-1a) signs, the legend (and border, if used) shall be white. For Street Name signs that use a white background, the legend (and border, if used) shall be black.

Guidance:
19 An alternative background color for Street Name signs, if used, should be...(more: MUTCD 2009 page 163:)