• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Street Sign Brackets

superdj23

I can not seem to find these anywhere. The set screws are so old and corroded that I can't get them out. I worked on one for about 1.5 hours and finally got it out, but that is just ridiculous when I have to do 24 more signs. Anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

• IMAG0472.jpg
    IMAG0472.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 153

superdj23

Grimco doesn't have these. I can't find them anywhere. Is it possible, they just don't make these anymore? They are flat on the bottom and are screwed straight down into the post.

superdj23

It is actually one piece made for use with standard set screws. I might have to consider getting two brackets and sandwiching the signs in between them, but I only want to do that if I've exhausted other avenues.

superdj23

I was wondering about this being discontinued. I would think that it would still be a practical application though. :-(

It looks to me like they took and extruded blade t-bracket and cut the bottom off.

Not sure what size that post is in the picture but they do make blade holder brackets that go onto wood posts. (Usually 4X4) but maybe you could make one of those work. They look identical to whats in your picture but have two flanges on either side that come down.

superdj23

It is possible that they cut the bottom off, but with the craftsmanship of the posts, I wouldn't think they would have been that intuitive. The problem with using the brackets made for 4' x 4' posts is that half the posts are 6' x 6's and the other half have decorative tops attached to the 4' x 4's. i am beginning to think I may just use some center U-channel type brackets and drill holes in all the signs to be mounted with nuts and bolts rather than set screws. This job has turned out to be a major headache.