• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stripe Kit

Where can I get a stripe kit just like this for a 2018 Ford Mustang GT?

Attachments

• shopping.jpg
    shopping.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 239
Yeah that's cute and all but there's a reason I asked this question on the forum and that was to get expert advice from people that may have bought some stripes themselves. I'd rather get some recommendations from some folks on here that may have had experience with a company, than order from some company I've found online that I've never done business with. But sure, cute response

OhioSigns

A guy came in with a newer Camaro a couple weeks back that wanted multi-colored racing stripes down the entire car and when I quoted him $1750 using 3M 180mC his jaw about hit the floor...... customer's usually think it's a simple job and have no idea the amount of labor that goes into it to do it correctly. Funny thing is this guy bought one of those crap kits online for like $75 then brought it in to see about having it installed and I had to tell him there was no way I would use them and he might as well throw them in the trash after explaining that straight stripes will go every which direction when you hit body lines. I've seen some pretty hacked up stripe jobs where they seam it at every body line to get the stripe straight on the car and others where the stripes separate and come close together because they used straight stripes without cutting and seaming. The correct way is to either make stripes from templates that account for all the angles or my preferred method is to use Fine Line tape. It's very time consuming and tedious work to do it correct. I haven't got a clue on who might have actual kits that fit correctly using a good cast vinyl. Every stripe kit a customer has ever brought to me that was bought off the internet was just straight stripes using a cheap calendared vinyl. I pretty much refuse to install anything that is bought online cause it's always crap. They advertise it as being high quality vinyl and it turns out to be Oracal 651 or some other crap.

Is that a factory stripe that can be bought from a dealership or is it a specialty type of stripe like Roush or Steeda? Might be able to buy it from one of those if it is but be prepared to pay dearly. I remember about 10 years ago a customer brought in an S-10 Xtreme stripe kit that he bought from the dealership for like $600. That was around 10 years ago and was only for the hood and tailgate. No bumper or roof and was only 1 color, decals only, no installation.

A guy came in with a newer Camaro a couple weeks back that wanted multi-colored racing stripes down the entire car and when I quoted him $1750 using 3M 180mC his jaw about hit the floor...... customer's usually think it's a simple job and have no idea the amount of labor that goes into it to do it correctly. Funny thing is this guy bought one of those crap kits online for like $75 then brought it in to see about having it installed and I had to tell him there was no way I would use them and he might as well throw them in the trash after explaining that straight stripes will go every which direction when you hit body lines. I've seen some pretty hacked up stripe jobs where they seam it at every body line to get the stripe straight on the car and others where the stripes separate and come close together because they used straight stripes without cutting and seaming. The correct way is to either make stripes from templates that account for all the angles or my preferred method is to use Fine Line tape. It's very time consuming and tedious work to do it correct. I haven't got a clue on who might have actual kits that fit correctly using a good cast vinyl. Every stripe kit a customer has ever brought to me that was bought off the internet was just straight stripes using a cheap calendared vinyl. I pretty much refuse to install anything that is bought online cause it's always crap. They advertise it as being high quality vinyl and it turns out to be Oracal 651 or some other crap.

Is that a factory stripe that can be bought from a dealership or is it a specialty type of stripe like Roush or Steeda? Might be able to buy it from one of those if it is but be prepared to pay dearly. I remember about 10 years ago a customer brought in an S-10 Xtreme stripe kit that he bought from the dealership for like $600. That was around 10 years ago and was only for the hood and tailgate. No bumper or roof and was only 1 color, decals only, no installation.
Thank you for your response

AKwrapguy

Where can I get a stripe kit just like this for a 2018 Ford Mustang GT?

The image is a little small but it looks like you could do this with knife tape and a few layer of 1080. Probably lay down the red first than the satin black and than the gloss black. Does the stripe go all the way back to the rear bumper or stop at the hood?

As far as buying the kits.... I've seen mixed results. There are issues with body lines and contour curves that I'm no sure the kits will be able to compensate for. There is a good chance that that particular set up is custom anyways due to the colors and layers.

rjssigns

Yeah that's cute and all but there's a reason I asked this question on the forum and that was to get expert advice from people that may have bought some stripes themselves. I'd rather get some recommendations from some folks on here that may have had experience with a company, than order from some company I've found online that I've never done business with. But sure, cute response

Then you should have stated you were looking for recommendations as you did so eloquently in your rebuttal post. We are not mind readers.

decalman

I can't imagine trying to buy something you can make yourself.
I live in an area with lots of RVs so I'm used to reproducing just about anything, just using a Summa plotter, and Corel x5

OhioSigns

If I was planning on doing the same type of car multiple times I would take the time to make templates and recreate them in your software to plot them off. If it is a one off job I'd use knifeless tape.

papabud

Lone Wolf
for me i would use knifeless tape and lay down the black. then use some red pinstripe vinyl and line the edges.... Carefully......
if you take your time and make the right adjustments on the fly it will come out perfect

papabud

Lone Wolf
thats the sweet thing, you dont have to run it perfect.
run it as straight as you can. then put the black on it. after you cut that then lay the red, with the red you can cover up small imperfections of the black.
i would normally overlap the red and the black a little anyways.
the black is your background and the red is your nice clean edge