• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

STS DTF system

RexHavoc

Many. It took us six months to get it somewhat reliable. The shaker as far as I can tell is no longer available. Good move. gears fell off, the vacuum system is flaky - finally got it so we can trust it.

The printer - we had to spend $600 to have a recirculation system installed for the white. White is a constant problem, and I have worked with white inks a lot, so I know it was not us not performing maintenance but a system that was defective from the start.

Craig Keller

O man
Many. It took us six months to get it somewhat reliable. The shaker as far as I can tell is no longer available. Good move. gears fell off, the vacuum system is flaky - finally got it so we can trust it.

The printer - we had to spend $600 to have a recirculation system installed for the white. White is a constant problem, and I have worked with white inks a lot, so I know it was not us not performing maintenance but a system that was defective from the start.

Man! I been looking getting samples and taking to people with them. So far Axiom out of NC has been the best. I lady I know has one only does like 40 shirts a week and goes 2-4 days without running it and so far 6 mths no issues and she is very happy. I tried to get samples from dtgpro and and they wont send any. I got samples from dtfwarehouse and some where off the film not even attached! Others like sts wouldnt give me a customer to contact says if against there policy! lol its tricky and hate to make a 20k mistake!

netsol

probably the best $600 you ever spent.
can you post any info about the modification?
i am designing something for one of our mutoh's and a roland as well.
better to not reinvent the wheel

netsol

i thought about using a pair of the "black ink select" valves from photo printers.
then, it occurred to me that i only know they exist because they break all the time

RexHavoc

probably the best $600 you ever spent.
can you post any info about the modification?
i am designing something for one of our mutoh's and a roland as well.
better to not reinvent the wheel
They attached ink pumps - the same as the pumps for the rest of the inks - right at the junction where the ink cartridge connects. Two pumps that recirculate the ink along the two lines in a big loop. Machine has to be left on all the time, and they modified the firmware for MSM. So far, since the firmware update, I have had no white issues. It has been a week, so I am still not saying the problem is fixed, but at least it is not a daily occurrence.

Also advised me NOT to wet cap with wet cap solution except for once a week.