• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

stumbled across this on Youtube

Val47

So a blast from my past - no one is safe. LOL. this is me (bass player)
a little embarrassing, not my best performance. However, fun to show my 13yr old and her friends. Mom was pretty cool. drunk, but cool :) enjoy - please ffw through the weird travel shots. not sure what that was about. I didn't post this for the world, but here it is. sigh.

Last edited:

Johnny Best

Great documentary video on part of your life. Liked it so much I watched it twice.
Your the first one on here, as far as I can remember, that has let us into your life so much. It's groundbreaking, a breath of fresh.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
That was pretty cool. When was it recorded? It reminds me of the mid 90s and sublimes old stuff thats floating around on youtube

Val47

Great documentary video on part of your life. Liked it so much I watched it twice.
Your the first one on here, as far as I can remember, that has let us into your life so much. It's groundbreaking, a breath of fresh.
Thank you Johnny!

Val47

That was pretty cool. When was it recorded? It reminds me of the mid 90s and sublimes old stuff thats floating around on youtube
It was definitely mid 90's. The date from the cam-corder says 1996, and that feels about right, so I think the date is correct.

Val47

GIno, you tagged this as informative.... kinda like how Johnny explained how informative it is. I wasn't sure if I should share this here, but I thought it was funny (albeit embarrassing)... and wanted to share it. We all have a past, this unexpectedly smacked me in the face the other day. I shared it, still not sure why. you say how great the 60's were. Can you even imaging stumbling upon some homemade movie from your early 20's on youtube? I'd love to see that :) I showed you mine...
xo Boudica

Johnny Best

Gino was in a cult classic movie in the 60s, Happy Endings.
o gino!.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
GIno, you tagged this as informative.... kinda like how Johnny explained how informative it is. I wasn't sure if I should share this here, but I thought it was funny (albeit embarrassing)... and wanted to share it. We all have a past, this unexpectedly smacked me in the face the other day. I shared it, still not sure why. you say how great the 60's were. Can you even imaging stumbling upon some homemade movie from your early 20's on youtube? I'd love to see that :) I showed you mine...
xo Boudica

I played in many bands..... but back in the 60s and into the early 80's. We just had a P&J reunion this past Saturday for our 54th year of doing jobs back then. One guy brought a disc he made of our 52nd reunion where we did a 30 minute gig on a little stage at a local beer garden, back in 2018. If ya'd like, PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you..... if I can figure out how to send something that big. Also, in 1990, my wife and I took up ballroom dancing and there are utubes of us doing salsa and Argentine tango, but I'm not sure I know how to find them anymore. I'll see if I can find 'em.

jochwat

Graphics Department
Bass player here too, Val, nice job. Got plenty of videos around like that as well... Played with this metal band since around 1991... oh wait, we're still together. :confused: So next year is 30 years of playing "Balls to the Wall".

Gino, what do / did you play? Musically speaking.:eek:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hammond B3, piano, trombone, flute and specialized in short organ solos.................................

I still have my original B3 and also a Hammond BV..... a 1933 model with a highboy leslie tone cabinet.

jochwat

Graphics Department
Hammond B3, piano, trombone, flute and specialized in short organ solos.................................

I still have my original B3 and also a Hammond BV..... a 1933 model with a highboy leslie tone cabinet.

Very nice, I imagine you had a wide range of opportunities with a talent variety like that. Impressive.

SeeEmWhyKay

Print Plug & Pigment Procurer
Amazing. Cool as he** to see there are so many other musician sign folk in the world. Mom was shredding that bass. I love this, thanks for the awesome share. <3