• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stupid Media Width Question (Falcon Outdoor Jr/Rockhopper38)

Bogie

Okay... Specs say 38".

What happens if I stuff in a roll of 39" wide material? Just nothing printed at that end, or bad catastrophic craziness?

Bogie

Cool... I was worried that stuff would fall outside the rollers, but it's still good... This'll let me bleed some larger banners...

BTW, running the Seattle Textile 13oz matte banner material that my photo guy is flogging, using an Oracal 3651 profile, ink limits set at 85% across the board in Photoprint DX 5.0, at 720dpi, and from what I see so far, I'm thinking I won't need to change anything...

iSign

13oz?
are you sewing hems at all 4 sidea? ...or selling for indoor use?

I made the mistake of printing on 13 oz when I started printing, but with the inferior grommet reinforcement I was using (only hemming short ends... adding a 1" sq. cloth behind grommets) ...I found the results to be much weaker then the old prehemmed 13 oz banners I use to stick vinyl on.

Bogie

Yeah, well, the nice people didn't wanna cut it down to size...

I'm printing 13oz for _occasional_ outdoor use... These are going to get put up at target matches, etc., hang outside motorhomes, and come down when the thing's over...

VinylCraft

That's interesting. When i put anything wider than 38 in mine the printer checks meterial type it won't accept it. Happened with banner and vinyl.

Jackpine

Hokay - measured it... Catalog said 39" width is 38...
I use 38" banner in my Mutoh Jr without a problem. I have used Optix with very good results. I am now using UltraFlex from Grimco with very good results. This width allows a 36" print. I hem with tape and install grommets with reinforcement using squares of PowerTape from Fellers.