• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sublimation Heat Press Question?

Steve C.

Am getting in on Datcat's Heat Press Deal.... wondering if you need a special press for Sublimation printing or will any Heat Press work?

dynawg

Steve,

I'm in as well... From my reading the specialized stuff is the inks and the substrate. However, looks like you need an Epson printer to run the inks. The heat press is a heat press, is a heat press... But I'm sure there is temp/time settings involved as well.

Bob P.

3CGraphics

It must heat to 400 degrees is all. If you are going to do ceramic tiles and thicker items you really need a floating bottom platten or a swing away/drawer press. dynawg is correct, substrate is coated or certain other synthetics and dye sub ink which is run through the epson style head as it doesn't heat the ink to print it.
Steve

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
That's interesting, since I know Iimak (Duracoat) offers dye sub ribbons for Gerber Edge and that uses heat to print.