• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sublimation wholesale t-shirts Retailer?

Spencer McMurtry

Where do you guys get your sublimation shirts and what brands do you use? do you use 50/50 blends or pure polyester?

I have looked at this vapor apparel brand, is this good stuff?

Thanks!

binki

if you use 50/50 half of your ink will wash out. it won't stick to cotton.

seps graphics has vapor.

anozira02

So how much are these Vapor brand T's selling for and where is the best place to get them.... anyone?
Also doesn't Haynes have something similar ?

WildWestDesigns

I use the Vapor Apparel for my dye sub printing. I would do the printing on straight poly. I'm trying to find another source that would have the dark colors. I haven't seen the dark colors that list sub friendly on vapor's website.

I have a couple of good leads, one problem is that the shirts are almost twice as much as what I can get for a Vapor shirt, but it happens.

Air Art Girl

why would you be looking for dark shirts when the inks will not show up?

One of the less expensive tshirts that is 100% poly but feels like a cotton tshirt is the Jerzees 21M. If you have not tried one, get one and try it. I know SanMar discontinued carrying them but Alpha Shirt/Broder still has them.

WildWestDesigns

what do you mean by dark shirts? you cannot dye a shirt lighter than it is, you would have to discharge it.

No, by dark shirts, I don't mean black or the really dark shirts, I mean the ones that are on the fringe between light and dark.

Ones that I would actually call light, but if you were to heat transfer them, you would have to use the Jet Opaque sheets versus the ones for the light transfer.

wmshuman

why would you be looking for dark shirts when the inks will not show up?

One of the less expensive tshirts that is 100% poly but feels like a cotton tshirt is the Jerzees 21M. If you have not tried one, get one and try it. I know SanMar discontinued carrying them but Alpha Shirt/Broder still has them.

I used to use the 21M's all the time except now my distibutor discontinued them due to Fruit of the Loom buying out Jerzees and deciding to not carry them anymore.:help. Better buy up as many as you can cause they won't be around much longer. I have had luck printing the 29m's most of the time. Granted they are a 50/50 but it really depends on the design going on the shirt. If you are going for that "retro" look 50/50s are perfect.

American Apparel started carry a really soft 100% polyester knit dye sub-able shirt for about $4.50 per shirt. It actually feels just like the really soft cotton shirts. If you go to their website and fill out a form, they will send you a free one.:thumb:

CES020

To all those who love the Vapor products, can you explain why you like them so much? I've looked at them numerous times and I have yet to buy them and do any shirts. I have seen the demos at shows, I've seen other people's work with them, and the one thing that I can't get over is that all the white shirts I have seen from them are darn near transparent. You can see the backside from the frontside. They seem so thin. I would imagine if I sold any to women, they'd be upset when people can see through them.

Do you not have that problem with them?

I'd love to mess with them some. I have no desire to be in the t-shirt business, but I would like to play with a few shirts for myself or for smaller clients with small jobs. However, I can't get over the transparent look of them.

WildWestDesigns

To all those who love the Vapor products, can you explain why you like them so much? I've looked at them numerous times and I have yet to buy them and do any shirts. I have seen the demos at shows, I've seen other people's work with them, and the one thing that I can't get over is that all the white shirts I have seen from them are darn near transparent. You can see the backside from the frontside. They seem so thin. I would imagine if I sold any to women, they'd be upset when people can see through them.

Do you not have that problem with them?

I'd love to mess with them some. I have no desire to be in the t-shirt business, but I would like to play with a few shirts for myself or for smaller clients with small jobs. However, I can't get over the transparent look of them.

I've really never had that issue with them being transparent. Now I did think that would be a problem when I did my first one, but it didn't turn out to be an issue in the end.

Mosh

At least 10 times a week I have people stop in and want 50 color print on "just 3 shirts" I sometimes wonder how I have not killed anyone yet!!!