• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Substrate Scrap Storage/Organization

Zac

Mediocre Designer
We have a ton of substrate scraps (duh) but most of them are useful and we're able to keep for samples/concepts and what not.

Anyone have any creative shelving/filing system for scraps that are a little more than just "throw it on the shelf/pallet". Looking for ideas before I start building.

boxerbay

attachment.php

Attachments

• 91lw9LuQ9oL.jpg
    91lw9LuQ9oL.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 504

visual800

we save scraps off cut and routed peices, hdu, maxxmetal, aluminum, pvc but only if they are of considerate size.

rjssigns

Took two truckloads of "drops" to the dump. Been at this for over 25 years and I've learned one immutable fact. The scrap you save for that next job will NEVER be the correct size, color, etc...

Only stuff I keep around is drops of foam-pvc, and only if they're bigger than 24" x 36".

ExecuPrintGS

Any foamboard drops get tossed (they wont survive laying around the shop anyway, someone will ding it with something)
Dibond or aluminum gets cut to 12"x18" for parking signs and set on the shelf. Anything smaller is garbage.
Same goes for rolls of vinyl and lam. at some point you waste more time looking through and sorting the clutter, you might as well buy it new.

We also price everything as if the waste gets used... so its paid for one way or another. Its not lost money, its just not a bonus either.