• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

subsurface printing

lynnfeiner

when we print subsurface graphics onto acrylic with our CET and apply double face tape to back, graphics are peeling off. Anyone have any suggestions?

DSC

We have an oce, and have experienced the same thing in some situations..

One thing we do is apply a white vinyl over the back with the laminator, and then stick the VHB to that..

That can cause the same issue though, if you have to remove the VHB and the vinyls pull away too..

For soem jobs we have abandoned this method, and we reverse print on clear and then laminate the subsurface with the clear and then the white..

you could also not mount with tape and suggest stand offs to the client.. Up -sell them maybe and let them know they can switch the pieces out or rearrange them if there are several of the same size..

Otherwise, I would let them know up front that if this is the product they want, once they are installed, if and when they are removed they will need to be redone..

Good Luck!

artbot

optix DA

acrylic is a non-stick surface for the most part. it needs an adhesion promoter. if you are in a pinch doing small projects (photographic) you can get away with using Bulldog adhesion promoter. but it is nothing compared to the high tech coating on optix da.