• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Robert Parkin

Hi there,

I think this might be a common issue but I am unaware of the solution.

I'm running a mutoh Valuejet 1614 with a bulk system installed and one of the subtanks isn't refilling (Black). When I try a little charge it gets stuck at 98%

I've tried using "tank valve check" and one of them doesn't click when prompted. It says valve 1 is off

Could the valve possibly be clogged or faulty?

I've had a technician take a look at it and he said the valves shouldn't be the issue because there isn't any air in the lines below the connections?

Any recommendations would be much appreciated

IMAG0889.jpg

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If it's not clicking than it could be stuck shut. That wouldn't allow ink to flow into the sub tank and cause this issue. You can try opening and closing it a bunch of times to see if you can get it unstuck. If that doesn't work, you will either need a new one or you can try to flush it with a syringe and cleaning solution. Just keep in mind that working on the sub tanks can get very messy.

heyskull

I have replaced these valves on our 1604 twice due to them sticking.
If I remember there is also a way of excercising the valves but replacement is the answer usually.

SC