• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sudden charge shows up from EON MEDIA LLC for $5

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
So I have not been on and have not subscribed or anything in quite some time and I do NOT have a recurring subscription. I just noticed on AMEX that is have a charge for $5.00 to the card through Strip from EON MEDIA LLC on 04/23.

What is going on with this? Anyone else who has had a previous premium sub suddenly get a random charge for a premium subscription here?

I'm going to dispute the charge. Was just curious if anyone else has had this recently? I did go back through prior statements just to be sure, no monthly charges. The only option on here that is $5.00 is a recurring premium subscription. I never do recurring stuff, if I am going to do a sub it has always been a one time thing.

Last edited:

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I sent him a message. I can cancel the dispute on the Amex site. Took me a bit of searching to even figure out who Eon Media LLC was. I disputed the charge before I figured it out.... I will cancel the dispute once he refunds the charge and lets me know what is up.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
He probably can't refund it while it's in dispute. Not defending the charge at all, but once the dispute is started, the merchants hands ars usually tied.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Update. On Wednesday I did send him 2 messages, one direct, the other using the contact form just to be sure. Nothing. I did also verify with Amex that this is a "recurring" charge.

The thing is, I am not on here often anymore. I have not signed up for a recurring monthly premium subscription. I went back through a few prior Amex statements, those had no "recurring" charge.

The card is on file here because I have paid for a premium subscription before and probably will again at some point. The only time I came on here in April was on the 24th (the day after the new $5 charge) because someone sent me a PM asking if I had some Epson service manual. I came on, saw what the message was, replied that I do not.

So it is just a bizarre scenario that I have somehow been subscribed to a recurring monthly premium sub. I also do not see any premium forums or premium features. As best as I can tell, the last time Paul was on here by looking at his profile/activity, etc was in mid March.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Update. On Wednesday I did send him 2 messages, one direct, the other using the contact form just to be sure. Nothing. I did also verify with Amex that this is a "recurring" charge.

The thing is, I am not on here often anymore. I have not signed up for a recurring monthly premium subscription. I went back through a few prior Amex statements, those had no "recurring" charge.

The card is on file here because I have paid for a premium subscription before and probably will again at some point. The only time I came on here in April was on the 24th (the day after the new $5 charge) because someone sent me a PM asking if I had some Epson service manual. I came on, saw what the message was, replied that I do not.

So it is just a bizarre scenario that I have somehow been subscribed to a recurring monthly premium sub. I also do not see any premium forums or premium features. As best as I can tell, the last time Paul was on here by looking at his profile/activity, etc was in mid March.
I wonder, did the reoccurring charge start up around the time he updated the site?

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
falling-asleep-at-the-wheel-has-never-been-so-cute.gif

netsol

Seriously,
I wonder if this is like a right click thing,
MEANING, when you read the PM, and then replied to it, was there an option to subscribe as premium member JUST BELOW what you clicked?

OR

Did the last website update make PM'ing a premium subscribers only feature?
Perhaps pm'ing triggers a membership upgrade?

I haven't had occasion to PM anyone lately

Boudica

Nah, I don't think that's it. The op' credit card is on file, it's clearly a mistaken charge. Is it a scam, or an honest error. Either way, someone has lost interest, and ignoring communication. Sending messages is part of the regular free membership. Unless that's changed too. Oh, is that what you were saying? I haven't done the recently. Members can turn that off themselves. A premium member status doesn't change that ability.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Definitely not an accidental click or anything. There is nothing on the PM screens about premium, I just double checked just to be sure. Could not have fat fingered it as I do not access this site on my phone, only on my desktop. Nothing in my emails (I searched both internal and gmail) about Signs101 either. The last Signs101 email was when that guy sent me the PM about the service manual and the forums emailed me to let me know I have a message.

On a side note - if you ever post very technical printer service info or mention that you have or had a service manual, you will get PM's and whatnot forever asking for help. lol Honestly dont remember ever even posting about an Epson service manual but maybe I did. I used to post a LOT on older Mimakis (mostly regarding JV33) but we did have an Epson 9500 water based printer for a while but that is not what that guy asked about.

Boudica

Are you able to cancel any further monthly charges for the source? I realize it may be complicated to dispute what's already been charged. But you should be able to at least block further charges. If not, cancel the card and get a new one.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I'm sure it was a simple mistake somewhere. I may not agree with Paul but I never felt that he was unscrupulous. Other things...well..... that's a different thread. It's only 5 bucks not a big deal. It's like getting bent over 30 cents.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Thats is another thing. I have dug all through my account preferences, account upgrades pages, etc. I see nowhere that indicates I have a subscription, nowhere to cancel anything, etc. Everything on the account upgrades page has a purchase button. My account itself is not upgraded that I can tell.

Its only five bucks so I'm not really worried in that respect. But I'll not be at all happy if the charge is recurring.

Boudica

Thats is another thing. I have dug all through my account preferences, account upgrades pages, etc. I see nowhere that indicates I have a subscription, nowhere to cancel anything, etc. Everything on the account upgrades page has a purchase button. My account itself is not upgraded that I can tell.

Its only five bucks so I'm not really worried in that respect. But I'll not be at all happy if the charge is recurring.
So, can you block further charges?

You shouldn't stand for being robbed of 30 cents forever. Or 5 bucks. Fool me once....

Boudica

On a side note - if you ever post very technical printer service info or mention that you have or had a service manual, you will get PM's and whatnot forever asking for help. lol Honestly dont remember ever even posting about an Epson service manual but maybe I did. I used to post a LOT on older Mimakis (mostly regarding JV33) but we did have an Epson 9500 water based printer for a while but that is not what that guy asked about.
I guess you're paying for that "benefit" lol

CanuckSigns

Sounds somewhat familiar...

J/k I'm sure it's an honest mistake, if the owner of the site doesn't get back to you I would contact your credit card and tell them to decline all future charges from them.