• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions on this design

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Below is the artwork the customer supplied and then below that is a layout that I drew that I thought made it look better. Any thoughts or suggestions?

HsJYhYmWbCAwD91-kbaoWU3KSMWo06qNs_kTXYxeyMWM3G2eVrXXBREw1I1wcXzUeEj79jrjy8oJ957sZ_nhVTxkKD5tfVY1sVbAdDQq7Ic2L7rNJmo5Bs1XwmsabJTSWno9Js8zauZbGYbGwHRM1dn97dG_O7k_cgG9dOrhmuU57aAy1KUJPaT_C18TkuuOBNfcjjFvylriHZhi-MBXx-9LU6PIGF1_Jw6fxX04dTwpFjaQLGZTETSLTRyxrI9ZA5hpiLnYC2MVp0DdnVhFuQRSrvz1-MqGV8ctls0fZuWqKfnabJsRSi4W-PWpDDPd9wOJkQ_JEURQgPWrFYa3_FhmKiz7drq73l8KqE4jNAwj0Nb4Yu5K_hTwr1eWWWmDqGPwsMP6vI5IVyJ1NYMW62m3akvyYkXoqLElY3CZB6VoAI_hEqJr5pmGJ9kF_Q2xP2imdbpBPcQ2Rv74WdjvbMDx2VONucJazchnz7YCv8e3qbh3_9uM7LGkgKxEuDSQjVYXsJxkIDm7R8JFlYwjJTj8CPY4hVul0U6v3jY4ZnXspiqNo65GmQOGeS7gJ6Qo-rJA_85w5IEQAcQ9MKj3MC3gvWX_Jlr0uWfLGueaUkE0SV5SycPkFGZoeqg4rkMp55fcE3_mz-9pWkHTccjUAhgNjRHxJcfH3g=w596-h620-no

hlhFyh9mWHD4UiQiZc3QFZQJty5QREVjLAxN76TggrOUV1-R7y7E2X0gWYb1b5QqTDktZBW5J7RIfRXebs-Ql1z8Nhk5tqWOqj6THeJbfNPblN1sJ7-uU2wWwv5pPK7oAYQ_oYH4rsANjNWjxqyKDGb_N0Dz2tBh-2EI9rWlj351dqH2NwN5wQsauKVic8LBPTmC_5Epo0sYGK8YRnGUk43Yu9g7CZLdMSM4_ZbbH4fgg90uFhi8ugcv4bYRdJDs6e2di5AZFKxhJRyIf9Lr22QnQeNrPfWwCC4qzqZ4TUTWjfkz3XvuOb-Qx1YMyfyUEAfn6GLorbhvltU8ukBFBf2aEBjNfmIYFmA_MeCFWYe3Qc_gvrxrRefB0J5r_BC-mBSYQ2_HMVu9gWT0oBswHIOUROaBEqa52EXUcy0pmpqy6dpW5ddx1TC9lTorGw2Xx27duPetOMSpVl0R0QjzN7AokCTGu8gunCFUHFM29vuVecDg0pYXsNAbmAPxXcXl9qPOIckbB5JIdQpui3cko4QAN_KFg9UkJxtIv4d82p7gHX25YcoUC9R1LqqNbi3XASiFYiZibR7uj9j-RgXImGzORiu4Zbe5B1-qBMTdeZMeCxeUInUoEGulFn9CFRu3zCchz9WTTlmYdj9cABZpFIVI7yXVQAK6BQ=w404-h620-no

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What is the reason for 2 separate panels ?? By their measurments, it's basically a 4'×5' sign. So, why not treat it as that size ??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:roflmao: yeah, you're probably right. You can tell the supplied drawing was from another hack shop and that sounds like a trick they'd pull. Then, ya don't hafta buy a new sheet.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I dont think a sign shop made the first design... at least i hope not. Thank you Rick and Johnny for the ideas.

Their current sign has two panels on it now, so I'm guessing they like that. That would be a lot of copy to digest on one panel no? Readability is key here because they are just after a curve on a one-way street up on a hill. Right past the sign is their shared driveway and you have to act quickly if you are looking for them the first time. I passed them because their old sign was not readable and is a royal pain to turn around and try again...whoever designed the streets in that part of town was on acid.

Last edited:

Johnny Best

That is what 85% of sign shops design. Your doing purple double dome if you think otherwise.
Also Rick gave you good points to adhere to.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
readability is the key here....LOL

nobody is going to read any of that. people look for names and addresses on signs, the rest is crap...yes, even the phone number is useless.....

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
readability is the key here....LOL

nobody is going to read any of that. people look for names and addresses on signs, the rest is crap...yes, even the phone number is useless.....
I agree... now hire someone to pick off the old sign and put an appropriate lawyer sign... she can afford it...

Attachments

• run the old sign over.jpeg
    run the old sign over.jpeg
    50.2 KB · Views: 221

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Honestly curious here....how do you office out of the Burleson area and do these relatively small jobs in the Tyler area? Tyler would be a little over a 4 hour round-trip for you.

I don't have much other then to say that I don't like the upper and lower signs having the same shape. I feel like the top should have the special shape and the bottom should be more like runners or strips.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
missing the obvious point that this used to be a sign for two different places now one knuckle head wants it all for themselves but the sign guy isn't telling him what he needs....

In a trillion years I would never do this. this customer needs to be told that the signs have to be removed and one sign goes back up.

it's not worth the money to make crap.....and breaking up this sign into two signs cuz thats whats there is CRAP

Johnny best - we should hook up one day.....

nah just kidding.....

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Honestly curious here....how do you office out of the Burleson area and do these relatively small jobs in the Tyler area? Tyler would be a little over a 4 hour round-trip for you.

I moved to Burleson AFTER starting the sign business in Tyler. Been trying to establish here but its much more difficult, what with the 5,000,000 sign companies in DFW. Yes, the commute is lame..I do it several times a week but I've gotten use to shooting down I-20. Once I clear Arlington it's just a quiet ride, gives some time to decompress. I usually have set days I know I go there so I fit everything in those days. Helps that my help lives there too.