• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suma D60/U Need Help

Bobo

Old guy needs help. Use to be pretty smart, then I got old. Anyway have a suma cutter setting in my shop for years. I was using a old computer running XP with Corel 9. Worked pretty good. Then I tried corell draw 13 on a different computer running Win 7. After hours, days, weeks, things went downhill fast. NOW I cannot see the cutter (USB) at all. Not sure how to reinstall drivers if computer wont recognize the cutter. I have sighed up with suma to download software. Any help would be appreciated.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
If you have this connected via USB without using a serial to USB adapter, then most likely all you would need to do is download the USB driver and a copy of Winplot, both of which you can download here - https://www.airmark.com/pages/summacut-vinyl-cutter-downloads

Just make sure you configure the port in Winplot after you have installed the driver, and assuming you don't have any hardware issues like a defective mainboard, that should get things working again.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com

vondegroot

Does the D60 show up in your Device Manager?
Press the the 'WINDOWS' and 'X' KEY together and click 'Device Manager' and look under USB Controllers. (The cutter needs to be turned on)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-12 225357.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-09-12 225357.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Bobo

Press the the 'WINDOWS' and 'X' KEY together and click 'Device Manager' and look under USB Controllers. (The cutter needs to be turned on)
No it dose not show up, says software is up to date and device is working properly on all usb.

Bobo

If you have this connected via USB without using a serial to USB adapter, then most likely all you would need to do is download the USB driver and a copy of Winplot, both of which you can download here - https://www.airmark.com/pages/summacut-vinyl-cutter-downloads

Just make sure you configure the port in Winplot after you have installed the driver, and assuming you don't have any hardware issues like a defective mainboard, that should get things working again.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com
load suma cutter control software and it says no machine is connected.

jerry369

If it is a 64-bit version of Windows 7 you may have problems installing the Summa USB cutter drivers.
Download USB Cutter driver from Summa website, try to install them and see if it gives an installation error or not.

Bobo

Thanks. I found the cutter. Installed winplot, but having problem getting pattern from corldraw X3 to winplot to cut.

Bobo

If it is a 64-bit version of Windows 7 you may have problems installing the Summa USB cutter drivers.
Download USB Cutter driver from Summa website, try to install them and see if it gives an installation error or not.
Thanks. I found the cutter. Installed winplot, but having problem getting pattern from corldraw X3 to winplot to cut.
No it dose not show up, says software is up to date and device is working properly on all usb.
load suma cutter control software and it says no machine is connected.