• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sumacutter D140 keeps on reloading

Dup

Your Signage Partner
Morning Guys thank you for a very informative site , I have a problem with cutter just reloading the whole time , when loading media. Any advice would be appreciated .

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
If you're both referring to the autoload function, which measures the length and width of your media when you load new rolls or sheets, then you can turn that off using the Summa Cutter Control program. Just launch the program while the cutter is powered on, has media loaded, and is connected to the computer you are using, scroll down to autoload and turn it to off and hit apply. The next time you load media the cutter will not use the autoload process to measure the media. Just keep in mind that when you turn autoload off the cutter won't measure the media and the media sensors will be disabled so if your cut job exceeds the size of the media you have loaded the cutter will feed the sheet right off the cutter.

Hope this helps and feel free to send me a message if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com

Dup

Your Signage Partner
If you're both referring to the autoload function, which measures the length and width of your media when you load new rolls or sheets, then you can turn that off using the Summa Cutter Control program. Just launch the program while the cutter is powered on, has media loaded, and is connected to the computer you are using, scroll down to autoload and turn it to off and hit apply. The next time you load media the cutter will not use the autoload process to measure the media. Just keep in mind that when you turn autoload off the cutter won't measure the media and the media sensors will be disabled so if your cut job exceeds the size of the media you have loaded the cutter will feed the sheet right off the cutter.

Hope this helps and feel free to send me a message if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com
Morning guys really appreciate the feed back , When holding my finger on sensor it loads fine . What I noticed 2 different materials , black then it keeps on loading then I put a reflective with yellow backing paper and it works I can cut and everything. If it was sensor it would have done it even with my finger there. Did the test +- 20 times with material with yellow backing and it works and with my finger the same then it works .

deon@projectsigns.co.za

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Morning guys really appreciate the feed back , When holding my finger on sensor it loads fine . What I noticed 2 different materials , black then it keeps on loading then I put a reflective with yellow backing paper and it works I can cut and everything. If it was sensor it would have done it even with my finger there. Did the test +- 20 times with material with yellow backing and it works and with my finger the same then it works .

deon@projectsigns.co.za
Just put a piece of scotch tape over the sensor when you do black if that's the only one with issues? If it's super black it might have issues seeing it.

I have seen similar symptoms when people load roll material, that happened to be black as well but the issue was that when the cutter moved the material backwards, it didn't roll back properly and lifted from the sensor -> disrupting the loading process. Same happening while cutting as well. But this is not what your issue is.

Dup

Your Signage Partner
Hi Guys got it sorted ….. opened up cutter blew out with air , no change BUT THEN I went to get electrical cleaner and sprayed and blew out complete pc board and …. IT worked so it was definitely as static problem.

thanks for all the feed back I have been cutting for the last 4 days non stop not one error