• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa Cut D140R Please Help!

JohanOlesen

9048D619-FC14-4AD6-B947-FA9453CFB1B2.jpeg
Can some one please help me why this happens. The letters doesn’t cut the right way. I changed the knife and knifeholder but the problem is still there. Why??? What’s wrong? Please see the photo and help me...

Attachments

• 1E5B0482-F401-4DAE-AA7E-02ADC74F71FB.jpeg
    1E5B0482-F401-4DAE-AA7E-02ADC74F71FB.jpeg
    819.8 KB · Views: 173
  • EBECB848-6BB3-4102-804D-A1FD9F38A94C.jpeg
    EBECB848-6BB3-4102-804D-A1FD9F38A94C.jpeg
    934.5 KB · Views: 133

FrankW

Would say that this is an issue with the knife landing. But haven't found the option to calibrate it in the manual (have no SummaCUT available to check it). The menu item was COIL SETUP (setting knife landing to 0 and increase the value step by step unless it hits the cutting strip ... then add 4 and everything should be ok).

2ny

View attachment 138622 Can some one please help me why this happens. The letters doesn’t cut the right way. I changed the knife and knifeholder but the problem is still there. Why??? What’s wrong? Please see the photo and help me...

Hi. What program are you using to plot with?
And what are the configuration values for your knife set-up (pressure, speed, knife angle etc.)
Is this a sudden change, or...?

Best regards
Tony

JohanOlesen

Would say that this is an issue with the knife landing. But haven't found the option to calibrate it in the manual (have no SummaCUT available to check it). The menu item was COIL SETUP (setting knife landing to 0 and increase the value step by step unless it hits the cutting strip ... then add 4 and everything should be ok).
Thank you FrankW,
I tried to change the COIL SETUP and it help for some cuts then the problem appeared again.
Could the COIL be worn or broken?

FrankW

Could it be that the knife holder isn‘t correctly fitted? So that it moves up when it is in use?

I do Summa repairs for more than 20 years, never had a worn coil. What had happened sometimes that the fitting of the cutting head is broken, perhaps a little bit only, so that it moves during cutting. I would check the knife holder fitting for damages.