• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa & Cut-server

airborneassault

First a little background we are running an HP latex with a summa S160 T all on onyx postershop 10.

My question is how do I get cut server to not send the tool parameters to the summa? My dilemma is I'm cutting some extremely thick material and if I put the lowest value in cut server under velocity summa still defaults to 8 IPS. I can adjust it I higher from cut server but no lower. Hopefully someone has some advice, thanks in advance!

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hello Airbourneassault,

If I remember correctly there should be a box that you can select which says "override device values" that you can either check or uncheck on the last screen before you output your file. I believe the default setting has that box checked and therefore cut-server will use the values assigned in Onyx. All you should have to do is uncheck that box and Onyx will use the device values that you programmed in on the menu of the cutter.

Please feel free to contact our support team at (800)323-9766 if that doesn't fix the issue.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.

dan1942

I am using Onyx Thrive but it should be similar In cut server got to manage cutters> summa s2 configure> cut layer settings choose your cutContour layer configure>and check override device velocity settings.

Dan

AF

What I found works best for my workflow is to set the kiss-cut speed / pressure and flex-cut speed / length in the rip (overriding the machine) but I use the settings on the machine for flex cut pressure so I can easily dial in the correct pressure for either shipping the parts on the roll or weeding in house. If I am weeding, I can tolerate more pressure because it doesn't matter if the parts fall out. For shipping a roll, slighlty less flex pressure ensures the decals stay in the media as it is rolled up by the take-up.