• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa cutter - flex cut

Pideas

I'm using a Summa cutter to do some circular cut decals. I'm printing onto a 6.0mil thick vinyl stock. Can you someone give me some suggestions on how to setup my Summa to Flexcut the decals? I currently have the blade set with a 1/4 clockwise turn and the Flexcut set to 350g. Increasing Flexcut to 400g doesn't seem to help much.

Are there any other settings I need to set to get a nice clean circle cut? With my current settings, the decal does not punch out easily and there are also some unclean edges.
Any suggestions?

rjssigns

New blade, proper stick out of blade then play with the settings. 400g is way too much pressure. I'm dialing in a new CleanCut blade. Kiss cut is 75g and FlexCut is 90-95g.

There is no silver bullet. You have to spend the time to dial in your media, blade and machine.

Recently there was also a lengthy post on this.

Time to go we're on tornado watch here.