• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa Cutter - T Series

Ginger Cutler

I am trying to install the Illustrator plug-ins for the T-series Cutter we recently purchaseds (Older cutter) and everytime I run the install this is all I get. Is there something else I should be doing? I am not currently connected to the cutter so I'm not sure if that is the issue. Please advice. Below is what I am getting.

1623711342513.png

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
If you're using the CC2021 version then there is not a plug-in available yet that will work with that version. If you're using 2020 or older then the toolbar will appear under the file menu in Illustrator under the file name "Summa".

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
I just googled the version 25 that it said it installed and it's showing this as an educational version of the software. Is this an educational or trial version, Ginger? If not, did you check under the file menu to see if the Summa menu is listed? Sometimes the plug-ins and macros don't function correctly with the trial or educational versions. If you have a full version of Illustrator, even if it is a few versions old, you might try installing the plug-in there to see if it works. If it does then the likely issue is the educational/trial version of the software.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com

Ginger Cutler

So I ended up installing CS AI 2020 and it works, not I'm just having communication issues with WinPlot. But thats another subjects. Thanks all for the advise.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
You probably need to reconfigure your port selection in Winplot. Test the communication using Cutter Control to determine which port you are using then launch Winplot and click Design>Cutters>Setup Cutter. Then select your cutter and the plotter-cutter setup screen will populate and you can either auto detect the port or manually assign it. I usually just have it auto detect the port and then just click OK and you should be good to go. Send me a PM or an email if it doesn't work and I can walk you through some troubleshooting.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112(office)
(509)280-6354(cell)
philj@airmark.com