• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa D160R usb connection problem

bigben

For some time now I have a connexion problem with my summa D160R. It's connected via USB since there is not an ethernet port on this model. When it's connected to my PC and cutting via winplot, I lost the connection after every job. I need to unplug the usb and reboot the cutter. If I connect it on my mac mini and caldera for print&cut, I don't have this problem. So I'm assuming it could be a driver problem on my PC, but even if I reinstall winplot ans summa cutter control, I have the same problem.

What should I do next?

SignBurst PCs

I would try to find an up-to-date version of the USB driver as well as physically check each USB port on the computer (front and back) for problems such as bent pins (contacts). You might also check the Event Viewer logs to see if you are having problems with any USB devices (other than the Summa).

bigben

I would try to find an up-to-date version of the USB driver as well as physically check each USB port on the computer (front and back) for problems such as bent pins (contacts). You might also check the Event Viewer logs to see if you are having problems with any USB devices (other than the Summa).

So I've uninstalled the driver and install the latest one. I will physically check the port (I have the same problem from the 2 ports in front of my tour). I don't have any problem other than with my cutter.

timgo

Graphics Designer
I think that another device is also connected to your PC via USB port.
Remove all the devices from your PC and only plug in your summa D160R.
Or is a hardware installed in your PC with a USB connection.
Connect your summa D160R. on another pc with winplot,