• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa D60

Ruddbow

I used my plotter last Friday, no issues. Went out of town for the weekend and go to cut some stuff last night. NO POWER. Check cord, breaker, and power switch, all appear normal. I also checked the fuse and from what I can tell (which isn't much) it does not appeared burnt. We had thunderstorms over the weekend and I am wondering if something happened.

Any Summa guys know what to check before I call Summa?

This Plotter is 5 years old.

Thanks.

Ryan

Checkers

Hiya Ryan,
Just to be safe, I'd replace the fuse anyway. Other than that, make sure you're getting power. Did you try a different outlet? WHat about resetting the surge protector, assuming you have one.

Checkers

Ruddbow

Update

Thanks Checkers!

Here is the update. While I was checking some other things out I noticed movement out of the corner of my eye, I seen a mouse crawl right up the stand leg of my plotter and skurry in the the housing of the plotter. Please keep in mind this is at about 5am and my morning coffee has not been drunk. I tapped loudly on the plotter and he would not come out. I gathered my wits and a pair of gloves and decided to go after this fierce beast. I came back and could not find anything. I called Summa support and let them know I was having issues. I also mentioned a mouse in my story. The tech had seen where a mouse had chewed through the cable that connects the key pad to the mother board. I came home later that night and decided a litte investigative work was in order. I started to dismantle it, nothing out of the ordinary....few screws, a roller etc etc. I pulled the one over off, nothing, I slowly pulled the other off and snuck a peek....hmmm....what's the white stuff.....a little further......what are those 2 beety little eyes ......sure enough.....damn mouse decided to expenad her family IN MY PLOTTER. Here is the cable this monster devowered.

Attachments

• m3.jpg
    m3.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 199
  • m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 226

Signsforwhile

wow! i've heard of this happening in cars that have been stored and a mouse lives under the hood and chews on wires.....but a plotter!

that just sucks, i am glad you were able to troubleshoot and figure out what the problem was without having to pack that bad boy up and send it in for service. MYSTERY SOLVED

Geary

What I wanna know is.....where's the picture of the toilet?

You know....the one you used to send the new "family" on a white water rafting tour?

~Gear

Ruddbow

update

Yes the cable was cheap ($5) but the overnite delivery wasn't ($40). I never thought about flushing them. I was more angry at the farm cats for not holding there end of the bargain.