• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

summa d60

signrios

i have a summa d60 vinyl cutter, im a (roland guy) lol!

here's my problem, im trying to connect the cutter via a usb port, using flexi sign
when adding a set up on production manager im able to see the d60 and select it, and i can see usb001 & select it.
i get this message
" you do not have a generic /text only printer configured which is required by this set up"

what im i doing wrong? im able to communicate trough summa cutter control but not trough flexi sign

thanks

LittleSnakey

Maybe you don't have the windows drivers installed for the cutter. Here is a work around, save the plot file out of flexi as a .plt then send that to the cutter through cutter control. We send all of our cut files to our summa this way.
i have a summa d60 vinyl cutter, im a (roland guy) lol!

here's my problem, im trying to connect the cutter via a usb port, using flexi sign
when adding a set up on production manager im able to see the d60 and select it, and i can see usb001 & select it.
i get this message
" you do not have a generic /text only printer configured which is required by this set up"

what im i doing wrong? im able to communicate trough summa cutter control but not trough flexi sign

thanks

signrios

Thanks, all window drivers are up to date, it just won't connect trough flexi's production manager
im designing in flexi and exporting to summa's winplot, and then to the cutter... a bit time consuming

maybe i should use a serial insted of a usb?