• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Summa DC 4 SX blending colors don't match and a streak in the middle of the print

vsdesigner

Hello,
I recently bought a Summa DC 4 SX, the seller didn't tell me that he made a scratch on the print or that the color unions don't match 100%, I'm frustrated with this purchase, the brand representatives only point to one new head, my question is: Has anyone had this problem with the union of colors? As you can see in the image, Cyan, Yellow and Magenta are acceptable, but black in the union appears a risk, I have to solve this to think about buying a new head, because I won't spend that much money, so that the color combination will be thus,

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-12-06 at 15.44.39.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-12-06 at 15.44.39.jpeg
    189.9 KB · Views: 411
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-12-06 at 15.39.45.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-12-06 at 15.39.45.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 198

FrankW

Have you tried to clean the head? Switch off the printer (very important), remove the cartridge at the position were the head can be reached from the back side, use a lint-free tissue with a little bit of alcohol and clean the print head thermo element line.

Some banding needs to be compensated with feed settings, but cleaning can help with intermediate problems.

If it is black only, it could be the ribbon too.

vsdesigner

Hello Frank, thank you for your attention!
I've already cleaned it, but the scratches are still there, and the joining of the colors sometimes overlaps and sometimes separates

Jburns

Use a a jeweler's loop and flashlight - inspect the head carefully. My geber edge( same technology) can get a spec of lint or paper and cause the same issue. Also re-seat the head cable.

1638942858964.png

JR's

I would recommend a linefeed calibration test. They do recommend doing this each time you change the role of vinyl.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Good morning,

While it does look like you need to manually align the head(the left sign will need to be adjusted so the overlap meets up correctly) if you have already cleaned the print head and are still getting that white line the runs the full width of the print, you will need to replace the print head. Our team may be able to help with the head alignment, however there isn't really a fix for a blown dot on the head if in fact that is what is going on(that's what it looks like to me in the photo).

I have attached a copy of the DC training aid document that has some information on aligning the print passes.

Please let me know if there's anything that myself or my team might be able to do to help.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com

Attachments

• DC Training Aid.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 206

vsdesigner

Good morning,

While it does look like you need to manually align the head(the left sign will need to be adjusted so the overlap meets up correctly) if you have already cleaned the print head and are still getting that white line the runs the full width of the print, you will need to replace the print head. Our team may be able to help with the head alignment, however there isn't really a fix for a blown dot on the head if in fact that is what is going on(that's what it looks like to me in the photo).

I have attached a copy of the DC training aid document that has some information on aligning the print passes.

Please let me know if there's anything that myself or my team might be able to do to help.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com
Hello Phil,
Thank you very much for your attention, yes, I've already cleaned the head, but the risk hasn't disappeared, so I plan to buy the head, but I'm afraid to buy, and keep not aligning as passed correctly, I'll do what's in the document to see if it solves, as for the manual head alignment, can you support me?
And by the way, can you give me the document for Adjust Linefeed?

Kind regards
Vitor Santos

Last edited:

vsdesigner

This was almost perfect linefeed calibration, but as you can see, on the left side the print was almost perfect, but not on the right side

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_7503.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_7503.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 146
  • thumbnail_IMG_7504.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_7504.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 122
  • thumbnail_IMG_7505.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_7505.jpg
    980.4 KB · Views: 136
  • thumbnail_IMG_7506.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_7506.jpg
    814.7 KB · Views: 145

petit

This was almost perfect linefeed calibration, but as you can see, on the left side the print was almost perfect, but not on the right side
Seems a dead head.
Try anyway to clean the whole printer from upsidedown as it won't let any dust anywhere and also the registration marks sensor . also make sure that you clean the printhead properly i mean in it all surface.
Find another dc4-5 it be found for nothing today, cheaper than a head.