• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SUMMA DC 4 units

Signalaugh

I own one

It comes down to why this machine of an inkjet.
Is your environment dirty? Summa
Are you print small short run and want accuracy? Pick Summa
Do you require long term signage? Pick Summa
Are you doing large full colour graphics? Toss up, but I would use a roland
(depends on the size)
Small vehicle decals and wraps, summa
Need a very versatile machine.. Summa
Don't want to spend a lot on software? Summa
Do you need to print gold (shiny) or Silver (Summa)
Are you worried about your cost per square foot...Inkjet
Long runs of repeat performance. The Summa works well.
Don't do a lot of printing and the printer is idle... Summa
Print on magnets... Roland I think.
Wraps...Roland
Support... I hear Roland is good but so is Summa

If you are worried about output price, you would do better with a Roland. Laminating is the other factor to put in there. You get 5 years unlaminated with a Summa. You get 3 with a roland.
I am not in the large print market so I chose Summa for the reasons above. However, most of the guys here own a Roland Inkjet. And that has to say something for that machine.

PGSigns

I have a DC4SX and for the work I do it does fine. I don't print everyday so that was one of the reasons I went thermal. You just need to look at what you want to do and see if it suits your needs. I do a lot of smaller decals and for print and cut on one machine the accuracy is dead on. I also print a lot of clear and needed white so this was able to do that.
Jimmy

Jim Doggett

What kind of printing will you do? For print-cut decals DC4 roicks. For most other printing, eco-sol inkjet printing is vastly superior.

Jim Doggett

Yep; I'm in the sign making tools game. Hardware was getting brutal, even before the downturn. I like being with folks on the way up, which we are ... really strong growth numbers over last year ... which is nice for marketing guys. Way less stink-eye from the other departments at work :^)

Best,

watchdaride

It comes down to why this machine of an inkjet.
Is your environment dirty? Summa
Are you print small short run and want accuracy? Pick Summa
Do you require long term signage? Pick Summa
Are you doing large full colour graphics? Toss up, but I would use a roland
(depends on the size)
Small vehicle decals and wraps, summa
Need a very versatile machine.. Summa
Don't want to spend a lot on software? Summa
Do you need to print gold (shiny) or Silver (Summa)
Are you worried about your cost per square foot...Inkjet
Long runs of repeat performance. The Summa works well.
Don't do a lot of printing and the printer is idle... Summa
Print on magnets... Roland I think.
Wraps...Roland
Support... I hear Roland is good but so is Summa

If you are worried about output price, you would do better with a Roland. Laminating is the other factor to put in there. You get 5 years unlaminated with a Summa. You get 3 with a roland.
I am not in the large print market so I chose Summa for the reasons above. However, most of the guys here own a Roland Inkjet. And that has to say something for that machine.

i am looking into getting in the print buiness for car graphics. We have a window tinting shop . So not in to volume but the few jobs i had to sub out work its a nightmare and always late. I like the idea of summa. What is the cost per sq ft in the summa and how much for roland laminated?

PGSigns

Figure on 2.50 a square foot on the summa. Depending on your volume a better network of suppliers may be a better solution. I have done well with my Summa and it fits what I do and the amount of printing I do. Mine may run every day or sit for two weeks and not print at all so the thermal is a better choice for me. Lots of things to think about in printer choices.
Jimmy