• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa DC4 Question

Chimuka

Does the Summa thermal printer provide a more detailed, non-sawtooth print?

I see you have the edge 2. Summa uses a dot on dot thing to simulate 600 dpi but it really is only 300 dpi. It really is a large version of what you have already, with challenges from banding between print passes and ribbon wrinkling.
At least no toxins come from the prints!

PGSigns

I have a DC4SX and would suggest you call Summa and have them print some files for you. You can get some samples of the type of work you do printed and they will send them to you. That is the best way to see if you are going to get the results you want based on the type of work you do. There was one for sale here not long ago aslo.
Jimmy

jayhawksigns

We have a DC4sx and it has a place in our workflow. Depending on your expectations you could be disappointed but if you use it for its strengths then I think its a good printer.

There is a Summa specific forum on the web if you search that has a lot of great info on the printer.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Summa DC4 Info

Hello Andy,

Just sent you a PM with additional information. Please let me know how I can be of any assistance.

Thanks -

Phil