• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Summa DC4sx: New employee and Summa showing Fatal Error

HarrisT

Hello!

I am a new employee at a company in which my boss is usually not in office. He has tasked me with getting our Summa DC4sx back up and running after at least a few years of no use. I have seen a few guys on here who seem to be the experts on this machine, so if I could get help getting in contact with them too, that would be great. Anyway, to be clear, I have zero experience on this machine or any like it so I am very much out of my field of expertise here.

The DC4, upon powering it up, displays "Fatal Error Left Drum(X-Axis) Current Protection." I'm aware this may be some sort of jam or blockage due to the overdraw of current but I cannot seem to find anything jammed or bound. If anyone has any information that can help me solve this issue and get the machine back up and running, it would mean a lot if you could help me out.

Thanks so much,

HarrisT

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hi Harris,

This sounds like it's either the left media clamp not functioning correctly and staying engaged which prevents the machine from completing its bootup process or the left feed motor is starting to go. If the clamp raises and lowers during bootup, and there is no media jammed up underneath that area, then it's possible your left feed motor is not working and may need to be replaced. I would give our tech team a call at 800-323-9766 to do some troubleshooting and they can help pin down the exact cause of the error.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com

Last edited:

HarrisT

Hi Harris,

This sounds like it's either the left media clamp not functioning correctly and staying engaged which prevents the machine from completing its bootup process or the left feed motor is starting to go. If the clamp raises and lowers during bootup, and there is no media jammed up underneath that area, then it's possible your left feed motor is not working and may need to be replaced. I would give our tech team a call at 800-323-9766 to do some troubleshooting and they can help pin down the exact cause of the error.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com
Are there any steps you recommend trying in the meantime until I am able to get in touch with the support team? I don't have cell service at my shop so it will be a while before I can figure out how to be on the phone and at the machine.