• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa F1612 - Cuts are consistently off in one direction

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Any Summa F series owners out there have any issues with cut accuracy when cutting printed vinyl?

I've tested out all the of the cutting tools: Drag knife, Kiss-Cut tool, Single Edge Tool, Heavy Duty tool, and ALL of them are cutting off to one side. (Looking at the front of the machine, all cuts are to the left of where they should be)

Summa marks added in Corel, or Onyx marks/barcodes doesn't matter, the results are the same.

I've tried going through the calibrations for the Kiss cut tool and makes absolutely no difference.

I'm literally at the point where I might try offsetting my cut file to make up for the difference since nothing else is working.

I'm really not sure what has changed or been messed up, my cut accuracy wasn't really an issue before.

Any suggestions?

FatCat

So, it was working fine before now...and now it's off? And when you say "off" how much?

*Do you need to calibrate your printers? Maybe a PF adjustment or similar is needed? I know without proper calibration most R2R printers can print long or short to some degree which is more noticeable on longer runs...

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Are your cuts off to the left consistently by the same amount or does that vary at all from job to job? If the cuts are off to the left by the same amount then a camera offset and slot calibration should get the cuts back on. Have you tried switching the slot of the tool that you are using, running the calibrations on the new slot, and sending the job again? That might also be something to try as well.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Thanks guys, definitely sounds like a camera calibration is the solution.

Cuts are consistently off the same amount in only one direction. I actually got away with offsetting the cut path in a file yesterday out of desperation and it worked. I got lucky though and need to get it straightened out properly.

I'll run the calibrations today and will report back.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Thanks guys, definitely sounds like a camera calibration is the solution.

Cuts are consistently off the same amount in only one direction. I actually got away with offsetting the cut path in a file yesterday out of desperation and it worked. I got lucky though and need to get it straightened out properly.

I'll run the calibrations today and will report back.
You may have to do the calibration that is behind the service menu. And if I remember correctly it can be a little tricky.

HulkSmash

If you purchased it from AIRMARK, it's highly likely it wasn't installed properly. Good luck getting them to fix it also. Ask me how i know.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
That's simply not a true statement and we have successfully installed several hundred of these flatbeds all over the country. Our team trained Summa's technicians originally and know these flatbeds better than anyone(we used to own and operate Summa and developed the F-Series technology). We stand by our performance and support and I think many users on this site will attest to that as well.